Inside Claims Property Litigation Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Experienced Inside Claims Property Litigation Analyst in Northbrook, IL.
About the position:
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling complex and specialized property insurance claims such as appraisal, attorney represented, and litigation. This individual often handles losses that do not require an outside adjuster’s inspection and works with attorneys to effect settlement of litigated files. This individual reviews the insurance policy, reviews reports and photos, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage and authorizes payments. This individual will also be responsible for scheduling, managing and participating in formal and informal mediations to effect settlements of claims. This individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy to ensure customer retention. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees and may provide mentoring and coaching to the team.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Acts as a resource to MCO on complex and occasionally highly complex claim/coverage matters and high severity claims
- Completes errors and omissions coverage investigation
- Reviews files and makes recommendations to refer files to Home Office for escalation
- Prepares damage estimate
- Selects estimate for review/reinspection
- Conducts fast track estimating
- Handles ALE (additional living expense) claims as needed
- Handles contents inventories and contents pricing analysis and prepares claims reports
- Handles claims that include Public Adjuster and attorney involvement
- Adheres to applicable compliance standards
Litigation (when applicable)
- Refers, receives and reviews legal opinion on exposure on files
- Manages complex and occasionally highly complex claim files in litigation, including managing cases in mediation or arbitration (non-subrogation), negotiating out-of-court settlements on files in litigation, and reviewing defense attorney letters, litigation plans and strategy
- Manages claim file legal expense
- Assists in researching or responding to or resolving complex and occasionally highly complex compliance issues
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more complex special assignments
- Conducts subrogation investigations
- May serve as a team lead
- May lead roundtable and/or calibration discussions
- 5+ years of property property claims handling experience
- Prior catastrophe claims handling experience preferred
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle complex and occasionally highly complex claims
- Provides advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top