Inside Auto Liability Claims Service Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Inside Auto Liability Claims Service Adjuster in Northbrook, IL!
Combine your skills of working with people and investigation!
As an Allstate Inside Liability Determination Adjuster, you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore people's lives after they experience a loss. Third party liability and casualty claims involve coverage and liability investigation, negotiation, and settlement of policyholder and third-party liability, and property damage. You will analyze police reports and interview accident victims via the phone, to evaluate the cause of the accident, who's at fault, and to what degree. You will also work directly with customers to guide them through the claims process in a caring and professional manner, and to negotiate fair and equitable settlements. You will be challenged to manage multiple cases simultaneously, and document every step of activity for each claim on Allstate's state-of-the-art, computerized NextGen claims system. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Research and respond to moderately complex and occasionally complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Summarize and document a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Provide overview of coverage limits in moderately complex and occasionally complex claims
- Takes recorded statements from claimants, insureds, witnesses, medical providers, etc., conducts investigations into moderately complex and occasionally complex auto accidents, determines liability, and prepares summaries
- Negotiate and settle claims in accordance with business unit best practices and determined claim value
- Begin a challenging and rewarding career in claims!
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience plus' experience delivering outstanding customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must be willing to work a rotational weekend
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top