Inside Auto Adjuster - $2,500 Hiring Bonus
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Technical Review Team within the DOC has an excellent opportunity for an Inside Auto Technical Adjuster in Irving, TX.
Combine your skills working with people and working with vehicles!
Customers need us the most when they are involved in an accident. As an Allstate Inside Auto Technical Adjuster you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise of delivering fair and efficient claim service. This position supports management in ensuring consistency of estimating practices from the repair facilities, and compliance to best practices. This role includes conducting desk reviews of estimates/supplements and photos from repair facilities and negotiate the damage estimate with the body shop as needed. You could also be reviewing and negotiating subrogation demands with Third Party Carriers. You will be writing Auto Damage Estimates from photos sent in by the customer. You will be challenged to manage multiple cases simultaneously, and solve problems in a fast-paced working environment. You will be measured on your excellent customer service, process compliance, ability to provide accurate estimates and reach fair and efficient claims resolutions while managing costs. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Damage Estimating and/or Subrogation Auditing
- Investigates basic and occasionally moderately complex files, reviews damage, photos, and determines reparability
- Prepares damage estimates and/or Audits and locates parts for basic and occasionally moderately complex claims.
- Prepares, reviews, reconciles and/or approves supplements
- Conditions vehicles
- Identifies and recommends settlement amounts for Subrogation, after reviewing loss facts, damages estimates, rental invoices, towing and storage amounts, etc.
- May determine valuation of salvage
- Evaluates diminished value in a basic or occasionally moderately complex claim
- Will evaluate damages to non-typical, specialty and High End vehicles as assigned.
Claim Payment Processes - Issuance and Authority
- Processes claims payments
- Initiates system payments and pays appropriate parties
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles basic and occasionally moderately complex claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May serve on a committee or project as appropriate
- May participate in one or more basic or occasionally moderately complex special assignments
- Minimum 1 year auto estimating experience
- High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Subrogation and/or arbitration experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Previous experience using a computer estimating system such as ADP, CCC or Mitchell is a definite plus
- ICAR platinum certification, ASE certification and/or an Adjuster's license are especially desirable
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top