Innovation Strategy Manager - Allstate Digital Ventures
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The mission of Allstate Digital Ventures (ADV) is to enable all consumers to "love your digital life" through technology products and services which eliminate worries, improve convenience, and enhance the quality of online life - while expanding Allstate's reach into new markets. Efforts are underway to develop our first product for market launch, and stand up a new business.
Allstate Digital Ventures is looking to assemble a team that can help grow and scale this business, consisting of high-flying people who are strategic, creative and results-minded. Our team consists of a diverse mix of professionals with expertise in design, technology, business, marketing, operations, and strategy.
As an Innovation Strategy Manager, you'll play a crucial role in developing new products and businesses around emerging technologies (e.g. big data, digital, Internet of Things). You'll drive insight, action, and impact on high profile opportunities through creative problem solving, rigorous analysis, and collaboration with a variety of stakeholders across Allstate Digital Ventures and beyond. More specifically, you'll:
- Develop compelling and creative strategy and business model recommendations around innovation opportunities
- Work to identify market white space opportunities with a strong correlation to Allstate's value proposition and core strengths
- Bring clarity to ambiguous business issues using a structured, hypothesis-driven problem solving approach
- Provide thought leadership through hard-hitting, high quality data analysis and research
- Drive business impact by influencing and partnering with ADV's product design, technology, marketing, business, and operations teams
- Collaborate effectively across functional teams, facilitate positive energy/engagement, and help elevate the work of others, including the team's strategy analysts
- Influence leadership team decisions through clear communication and a professional, collaborative engagement style
- Progressively grow leadership within Allstate
- Bachelor's degree with a differentiated academic track record
- MBA from top-tier university (preferred)
- 5+ years of work experience
- 2+ years of strategy consulting experience (e.g., Bain, Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey)
- "Top-tier generalist" able to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar subject areas
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills across a wide range of business issues (e.g. markets, competition, business models, operations, organization)
- Interested in and conversant about technology
- Professional, polished communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Team player with a warm, collaborative nature
- Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility
- Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint
If you fit the profile above, the team looks forward to meeting you. This is what we offer.
- The best of both worlds: a nimble, independent start-up under the umbrella of a Fortune 100 company.
- An organization that is investing heavily in innovation and sees the digital marketplace as a critical growth area.
- The chance to help launch a category-changing product while building new-to-Allstate, new-to-the-world technologies and capabilities.
- An opportunity to leverage the strength of Allstate's broad-based distribution channels while-where necessary-helping to build new paths to market
- A platform for leadership development and professional growth - we take this very seriously!
- Competitive compensation package and benefits, a cool workspace in Allstate's downtown Chicago innovation hub, and nice people to work with.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top