Innovation Strategy Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the United States and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate®, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®."
By leveraging Our Shared Vision, Allstate is committed to strong principles of the highest ethical standards and encourages individual accountability. Allstate realizes success through innovative thinking while providing challenging and collaborative work for its 70,000 employees, including 12,000 exclusive agents. Allstate demonstrates a commitment to diversity through a variety of ways and continues to identify the requirements for future success since it was founded in 1931.
Area of responsibility
The Innovation Strategy Manager plays a crucial role in developing new products and businesses around emerging technologies (e.g. big data, digital, Internet of Things). This person drives insight, action, and impact on high profile opportunities, through creative problem solving, rigorous analysis, and collaboration with a variety of stakeholders across Allstate and beyond.
- Develop compelling and creative strategy and business model recommendations around innovation opportunities
- Work to identify market white space opportunities with a strong correlation to Allstate's value proposition and core strengths
- Partner with existing Allstate business to identify and develop new breakthrough growth platforms
- Bring clarity to ambiguous business issues using a structured, hypothesis-driven problem solving approach
- Provide thought leadership through hard-hitting, high quality data analysis and research
- Drive business impact by contributing to product design, testing/prototyping, and market launch efforts
- Collaborate effectively in cross-functional project teams, facilitating positive energy/engagement and helping elevate capabilities of others
- Influence leadership team decisions through clear communication and a professional, collaborative engagement style
- Progressively grow leadership within Allstate
Background and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with a differentiated academic track record
- MBA from top-tier university (Preferred)
- 5+ years of work experience
- 2+ years of strategy consulting experience (e.g., Bain, Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey)
- "Top-tier generalist" able to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar subject areas
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills across a wide range of business issues (e.g. markets, competition, business models, operations, organization)
- Interested in and conversant about technology
- Professional, polished communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Team player with a warm, collaborative nature
- Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility
- Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint
Value proposition of this role
- Opportunity to build innovative new products and businesses, making a tangible, lasting impact
- Shaping future growth platforms for the broader Allstate business by both developing compelling strategies and bringing opportunities to market
- Immersion in cutting-edge technologies and frequent exposure to interesting startups
- Play a critical role on high priority projects, which offer significant levels of ownership and executive exposure
- Compelling platform for leadership development and professional growth
- Collegial, team-oriented culture with a healthy work/life balance
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top