Innovation Law Attorney -Scottsdale, AZ
- Scottsdale, AZ
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Seeking Innovation Attorneys! We are looking for creative and high energy attorneys interested in working at the nexus of law, business, technology, data, and consumers. Our innovation division of Allstate's Law and Regulation department is growing to enable our emerging and service businesses to thrive as well as support matters across the enterprise as to technology, cybersecurity, privacy, data management, international, and intellectual property. This role will be providing legal advice and counsel to InfoArmor, headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, an industry-leading identity protection business that enables its clients to combat an ever-changing cyber threat landscape.
- Real time and critical business-focused commercial legal advice for a broad range of businesses and issues
- Anticipate legal concerns and provide creative problem solving in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent executive presence and concise verbal and written communication a must
- Play a key role in strategy determination, action planning, and communication with business partners, business units, and other areas of Law & Regulation
- Business acumen with ability to quantify return on investments (create and contribute to business cases and risk evaluations)
- Superior analytical skills
- Complex research as to applicability of pertinent laws, statutes, regulations, rules, and other legal authority; ability to summarize concisely and collaborate with other areas of company to determine impact of new legal authority on business and enable action plans
- Understanding of interaction in regulated environments between business, policy, compliance, legislative and legal frameworks
- Comfort with executing on goals and objectives through ambiguity and in a changing business and legal landscape
- Project management skills for cross-functional work
- Execution abilities within a parent company and its family of companies
Core competencies (Cont'd)
- Draft, review and negotiate complex matters and agreements (technology agreements including software and hardware preferred)
- Ability to manage outside counsel, budgets and financial plans
- Prefer experience in the following areas: Privacy, cybersecurity, technology, labor and employment, intellectual property, M&A, strategy, commercial, data, and/or highly regulated sectors
- Leadership qualities (team building and collaboration a must)
- Preference for business and work experience outside legal context
A typical day for an Innovation Attorney might include:
- Advising business partners on a new technology product rollout or a new corporate structure
- Coordinating, understanding, and synthesizing complex legal advice from other attorneys within Law and Regulation and outside experts to advise business partners in a simple, direct manner
Core competencies (Cont'd)
- Drafting a complex data licensing arrangement or commercial deals
- Driving implementation of a compliance plan
We are fortunate to have a talented, engaged, and hard-working team and are looking for someone with those same qualities. You might be the right fit if:
You thrive on advising in areas of law that are unsettled and constantly changing. You understand how to build new, efficient processes. You volunteer ideas and creative solutions. You are comfortable working with both a legal and business mindset simultaneously.
- Possesses a juris doctorate and a license to practice law in Illinois or Arizona (and/or other states as required)
- Minimum 3+ yrs legal experience
- Preference for Scottsdale
Allstate Corporation is a $38B+ annual revenue publicly traded company (NYSE: ALL) that protects people from life uncertainties widely known from the slogan "You're in Good Hands with Allstate." The Innovation Law team supports the entire company, including Allstate's emerging and service businesses to name a few, Arity (a telematics data analytics company in the iconic Merchandise Mart in Chicago), SquareTrade (acquired for $1.4B in 2017) providing consumer electronics protection plans, InfoArmor (recently acquired for $525M) providing identity protection and Answer Financial a leading insuretech company with the first telematics-based advertising network.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Back to top