Infrastructure & Cloud Enterprise Architect
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Infrastructure & Cloud Architect will be part of a highly collaborative team accountable for defining and driving our enterprise compute strategies. You will own the definition of the desired target state and create the associated roadmaps on how to get there on a number of infrastructure and cloud related initiatives.
You will be working with the latest technologies through vendor relationships and proof of concepts, solving large complex problems, and defining new technology enabled opportunities. This role will work closely with Engineering, Security, and Information Services so a broad understanding of these will be beneficial.
The Architect serves as a technical leader undertaking complex initiatives requiring specialized technical knowledge. The Architect will make and drive decisions on complex or ambiguous IT architecture issues, coordinating with users to determine requirements, and ensuring improvements are successfully implemented and monitored, finding ways to increase efficiency.
- Partner across business and technology disciplines to present and deliver the needed architectures.
- Consult on the application of reference architecture, strategic direction of enterprise technology, and serve as subject matter expert with contextual knowledge of the business model.
- Develop and utilize reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall Allstate architectural blueprint.
- Assist with drafting the business case including identification of potential business/customer benefits, and identify opportunities to enhance existing architecture.
- Influence clients and partners to prioritize for enterprise benefit and risk reduction and assist in driving the adoption of technology solutions that leverage existing patterns, practices and reference architectures.
- Work with strategic vendors and partners to review and influence product roadmaps, strategies, run proof of concepts, and identify gaps and solutions.
- Participate in industry-related conferences and events.
- Provide technical and professional leadership and coach more junior level Architects.
College Degree with technical study or equivalent experience
- 10+ years technical experience in architecture/design;
- 4+ years' experience in SDLC (requirements, design, build, test, deploy) or similar
- 2+ years roadmapping experience
- Cloud experience
- Broad infrastructure knowledge
- Deep experience in one of the following: Cloud, platforms, security, networking
- Containerization experience
- Orchestration experience
- Microservices experience
- API experience
- Integration experience
- Cloud certifications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top