Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Within this team, data strategy, integration and governance is developed and managed. This area works across all Protection business areas.
An Information Architect is accountable for the alignment of business objectives to the delivery of data capabilities. This position is responsible for working with the business units to understand their strategic objectives and problems. Work with all groups that design and influence solutions that deliver on the objectives or solve the problems to ensure that the solution technically sound, the data is fit for use and the resulting solution is timely and effective. The Information Architect drives the thinking on leveraging data as an asset (integrated data sourcing, development, usage, and availability).
- Primary Information architect supporting consumer/agency facing business units and technologies
- Develop and drive an MDM strategy for key data domains
- Establishes governance of business data to ensure vital data is managed to established principles and guidelines. Ensure data is consistent, accurate, available, and accessible
- Participate in the development of a data strategy vision and communicate across Allstate's Technology organization and the business, driving the organizations' commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate customer and business data
- Ensure a cross functional view of business data is available to the enterprise
- Drive the development and implementation of processes (ERDs, DFDs..) to maintain high quality data assets;
- A good knowledge about business in general and of insurance industry and company economics;
- Proficient in industry practices for master data management, data quality, metadata management and data modeling;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts;
- Ability to lead a group of employees (directly or indirectly);
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable;
- Ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative manner;
- Partnering with outside business units in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions;
- Developing and implementing an effective communication process internally and with external constituents;
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and drive alignment and decision making
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner;
- Proven track record of sound, effective decision making;
- Ability to master understanding of financial services/Property and Casualty consumer trends, industry/ competitive dynamics, and economics; ability synthesize marketplace insights from various sources to develop strategic direction operating priorities
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to create and maintain documents to effectively communicate with management and business partners;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Bachelor's degree required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top