Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Information Analyst provides enterprise and project-level information analysis support that produces consistent, accurate, and complete information requirements that enhances the analytic and reporting lifecycle throughout the enterprise. In support of the analytic and reporting lifecycle, this position will create data definitions that follow established standards and guidelines, develop and manage the logical and physical views of data that are consistent with the business objectives, and provide consulting on new developments within the business intelligence space.
The Information Analyst provides a high level of expertise in a focused area of the business. They will work independently on projects of all degrees of complexity, supporting multiple business units across a business AoR to advance their use of data and analytics. Through independent analysis and guided design, the role defines, develops and implements data and business intelligence solutions for their assigned business AoR.
- Provides business knowledge and support for resolving technology issues across one or more areas of the business and across multiple projects for Life Technology Services (LTS)
- Analyzes and translates business, data, functional, and user requirements and/or business rules into analytic and reporting requirements, data models and metadata deliverables by leading and guiding discussions internally with the project team and externally with business and technology partners
- Plans, develops and leads information gathering sessions
- Constructs and executes complex SQL queries and review data profiling results to discover semantics, patterns and value domains of data under analysis
- Performs complex data analysis utilizing multiple techniques to determine, document and communicate existing and potential future data relationships, profiles and quality levels; uncover anomalies and variances in data content from expected results
- Updates and maintains all logical (conceptual, relational, subject-level and dimensional) data models and other metadata deliverables at multiple levels of detail and functionality for a specific business subject area
- Plans, develops and facilitates inspection sessions to validate that modeled data and related metadata deliverables match and satisfy business data requirements
- Conducts reviews of physical data model and related technical detail with database administrators and technical developers as part of a single project's development life cycle
- Understands, applies, teaches others and drive improvements in the use of corporate metadata development tools and processes
- Leads the initiation of new projects through estimation and planning across a business AoR
- Develops and keeps current an approach to data management across multiple business AoRs
- Applies knowledge of tools and processes to drive data management for a business AoR
- Creates complex technical requirements through analyzing business and functional requirements
- Flexibility required to meet business needs
- Prior experience in modeling relational databases
- Prior experience in modeling, tuning and supporting an Oracle database
- Must have a strong capability to deal with highly ambiguous problems. This is demonstrated through step-by-step and methodical approach to scoping, understanding & exploration to the right solution(s)
- Knowledge of dimensional modeling & data warehousing.
- Working experience using PL/SQL, Java
- ErWin or other data modeling tools
- Strong ability to visualize complexity as a method of collaboration & sharing with team members. This skill is used as a collaboration mechanism to collect more points-of-view in the problem solving process.
- Master data management and dimensional modeling experience
- Microsoft SQL Server & T-SQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Experience in Hadoop/HIVE/Spark
- Experience using R or Python
- Previous experience as Information Analyst
- Previous experience in predictive modeling or machine learning tools and techniques
- Strong background in statistics (hypothesis testing)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top