Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Industrial Engineering – Co-Op opportunity for University of Illinois and Northwestern students.
We’re looking for sociable industrial engineers who enjoy working with others – brainy, process-oriented individuals with a propensity for statistical analysis and a desire to take their knowledge and expertise beyond manufacturing.
This position is consultative, analytical and process-oriented (and fun). As an Industrial Engineering Co-op at Allstate, you will make a large operational impact across the enterprise by developing, executing and leading research in support of process improvement projects.
The Industrial Engineering group partners with business units across Allstate to leverage the Industrial Engineering skill set to improve customer experience, to provide a better understanding of process trends and to uncover opportunities to improve business efficiency.
- Design data gathering projects and statistical analysis of business processes
- Execute time studies to provide process information, develop standards and to identify trends
- Develop mastery of process improvement tools and frameworks (DMAIC, DFSS, LEAN), leverage knowledge to help clients achieve sustainable results
- Strive for a deeper comprehension of the business, the needs of the customer, and the broader marketplace
- Articulate linkage between business goals and what it means for organization practice
- Assist client contractive conversations to ensure client and customer needs are identified and intended outcomes are understood
- Leverage external research, models and practices and apply internally to bring thought leadership to the organization
- Work with minimal oversight and act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
Currently pursuing a college degree in Industrial Engineering
- Ability to think creatively – innovation
- Excellent group work and relationship skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience in a fast paced working environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top