Industrial Engineering Consultant
Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The function within Allstate Brand Operations Enterprise Services is Industrial Engineering. The Industrial Engineer works with enterprise resources at the operational level to drive process improvements, identifying compliance to process standards and strategies for consistent, repeatable flawless execution. They understand the company’s business processes and help ensure stakeholder objectives are met and represented in how service is built and delivered. This position will be responsible for aiding in the development, execution and leadership of projects across operational areas such as Claims, the Contact Centers, and Agencies. This resource should have demonstrated application experience using analytical and industrial engineering skillsets in a business setting.
The Industrial Engineer Consultant I works with others on the IE team to support business partners across the organization. This position reports to a Manager and will be responsible for assisting in the development and execution of projects across operational areas such as Claims, the Contact Centers, and Agencies.
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis processes and understands how and when to apply them based on the situation and specific needs.
- Provides analysis to help clients achieve sustainable results.
- Participates in the design of analytical approaches and solutions. Contributes to strategic decisions.
- Leverages external research, models and practices and applies it internally to assigned projects
- Integrates subject matter of industrial engineering and data analysis
- Works with moderate oversight. Works well in a team project environment
- Analyzes ambiguous problems. With assistance, breaks down complex information in a systematic and communicable manner
- Leads limited process and/or service improvement projects
- Develops written materials, insures understanding of technical matters by non-technical, executive decision makers
- Assumes responsibility for quality and accuracy of deliverables
- Participates in projects of moderate complexity
- Influences others within the IE team to implement new program solutions
- Impacts department results through innovative analyses that lead to practical advice
- Applies best practices when summarizing research findings. Reviews and edits prepared materials.
- Facilitates methodology discussions within the teams
- Understands analytical results and implications to business strategies
- Professional with good organization, communication and administrative skills
- Bachelors degree – Industrial Engineering
- Ability to think analytically and creatively
- Good time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Good oral and business writing skills
- Ability to analyze data
- 0-2 years of experience of statistical analysis
- 0-2 years of experience in the use of industrial engineering methodology to conduct research
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit “Managing Your Career” located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top