Independent Agency Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Support the growth and success of the regional Allstate Independent Agency (AIA) channel. This is achieved through effective consultations and business development with existing AIA agents, as well as successfully prospecting and onboarding new AIA partners. Leads training, business development and growth initiatives for AIA agencies and agency owners. Influences behavior changes within agencies to help agencies grow, to attract new business opportunities to Allstate and to achieve profitable growth for overall assigned agency group.
The Territory Sales Consultant (TSC) supports the Independent Agency channel is responsible for “owning” a specific market that consists of an assigned group of agencies within the state of Florida. The TSC is responsible for specific new business, total business and profitability for the assigned market. In addition to specific production and profit goals, the TSC is also responsible for achieving key strategic/operational goals, including: prospecting and appointing new agents, building agency skillsets in quoting and issuing Allstate products, helping solve service issues and also helping improve technology capabilities between Allstate systems and the agency’s comparative rater and agency management systems. The TSC collaborates with internal cross-functional partners to help drive maximize value and solve problems for our agency partners. Additionally, the TSC acts a consultant to help agency partners maximize revenue opportunity with Allstate and to help the agency drive greater overall growth and success.
The TSC is responsible for both field travel and outbound calls and will have specific call targets identified to drive effective partner engagement. The TSC will also be involved in kick-off meetings, road shows, recognition events and industry events (such as the Florida Big I).
This individual is responsible for the following:
- Manage overall territory results and individual agency performance. Lead actions for improved performance.
- Develop effective business plans with agency owners and manage those plans throughout the year.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to develop and implement market-specific sales and service tactics.
- Effectively communicate with internal associates and agencies, presenting business cases to influence decision making and business results.
- Identify new growth opportunities within the market including 1) new agent expansion, 2) driving greater market share with existing agents, and 3) identifying new quoting and issuing opportunities.
- Lead marketing and prospecting efforts to help agents acquire new customers or market to existing customers.
- Identify operational issues within agencies and lead action plans to solve problems.
- Communicate Allstate messaging on all relevant topics, including business objectives, sales promotions, incentives, compensation, rate changes and product updates.
- Prospect, interview, vet and sell prospects on the Allstate value proposition.
- Effectively onboard and drive success of new agency partners.
- Manage agency satisfaction and attacks problems to create great customer service.
- Develops strong knowledge of the Independent Agency channel, including industry competitors, market actions, merger and acquisition activity and current technology trends.
- Ensure compliance with state and Allstate rules, regulations, programs and guidelines. Take action when necessary if agency’s are out of compliance or unethical.
Experience and Knowledge
- 5+ years business experience in a sales territory or sales leadership role.
- Insurance experience highly preferred, specifically within the Independent Agency channel.
- 4 year college degree required. MBA and or industry certification preferred (CPCU, CHFC/CLU)
- Demonstrated success in leading a sales territory with validated referrals.
- Strong organization skills – ability to manage priorities across multiple disciplines while still making sure to hit call targets and agency service expectations.
- Business planning skills – revenue planning, sales and marketing, hiring and talent management.
- Strong communication and presentation skills – having effective conversations with business owners.
- Analytical skills – ability to assemble information, analyze data and deliver insights.
- Technology skills – learns key agency tools and how best to incorporate Allstate technology, including: comparative raters, agency management systems.
- Salesforce.com skills – ability to utilize salesforce.com to manage territory, agencies and calls/visitations.
- Recruiting skills – ability to prospect, make effective sales pitches and close new agency deals.
- Strong problem solving work ethic – relentless at pursuing and solving agency problems.
- Excellent collaborator – works well with team. Can influence team members and agency partners to drive initiatives and achieve buy-in.
- Strong industry acumen – understand IA marketplace, industry associations and interworking of an IA agency.
- Motivation and engagement skills – drives enthusiasm, optimism and excitement internal and with agents.
- Ability to thrive in changing environment – ability to openly support and embrace change. Show flexibility and open-mindedness when priorities and goals change.
- Extensive travel required (50-75%) – depending on territory/market and designated call schedule.
Required Licenses (including certifications)
- P&C Licensed in state of residence
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top