IBM Endpoint Manager (Big Fix) Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Systems Management team is part of Client Computing within Workplace Technology Solutions (WTS). It is responsible for engineering, managing, supporting and providing improvements to all aspects of software distribution, software packaging, software and hardware inventory, and endpoint compliance.
Major focus of this team is to provide mechanisms that ensure that the correct software and prescribed configurations are in place and are able to be validated and remediated and the software can be delivered in an unattended and non-user impacting manner . The scope of this job as a Service Engineer Senior Consultant I will be to work as an IBM Endpoint Manager Engineer and focus specifically on the required updates of policies and code to accommodate our agency environment.
This position will require first and foremost a good understanding of the IBM Endpoint (Big Fix) software and how to code in the proprietary relevance language. You will be required to evaluate continuous changing requirements and make the necessary coding changes for the policies within IEM.
- Plan IEM coding changes
- Test IEM coding changes
- Execute IEM coding changes
- Support and troubleshoot any issues with the IBM Endpoint Manager infrastructure.
- Collaboration with client to understand requirements and provide feasibility and timelines.
- Perform disaster recovery planning and exercises of the IBM Endpoint Manager infrastructure.
- Follow best practices for the supported technology
- Able to work weekends, shift and on-call if necessary
- Expect to engineer, build, and create processes to maintain IBM Endpoint Manager infrastructure (Big Fix)
- Scripting language skills in either VBScript, batch, PowerShell
- Intermediate skill with IBM endpoint manager relevance language (Big Fix - fixlets coding)
- Intermediate knowledge including trouble shooting skills on Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Intermediate knowledge including trouble shooting skills on Windows server operating systems such as Windows server 2012 and server 2016
- Basic SQL skills
- Bachelors in Computers Science, or related field, with 1-4 years of field experience.
- All Technical certification is a plus.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top