Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for a candidate to fill the role of Architect for Identity and Access management. The IAM Architect will work with Information Technology (IT), Business Unit (BU), and International teams to set the direction for capabilities supporting the IAM program. Key areas of concentration will include work with Cloud, PAM, RBAC, application integration, adaptive authentication, and other capabilities key to supporting IAM Services.
The ideal Security Identity & Access Management (IAM) Architect must have knowledge of the Microsoft stack which includes Consumer, Enterprise Active Directory, as well as experience working with IAM in the Cloud (Azure AD, AD Connect), Unix based Infrastructure and AWS IAM.
• Provide expert advice and assistance relating to all aspects of identity to broader IT, BU, and International teams, while communicating concepts of IAM to a broad range of audiences outside Security
• Gather and document technical requirements needed for integration with IDM, Access Manager, Privileged Access Services, Cloud.
• Working with security architecture, create and maintain a roadmap for the future direction of IAM within the enterprise environment linking to other key architectural area roadmaps including Cloud Security, Platform Security, Network Security, Application Security, and others as appropriate.
• Collaborate closely with the various global Security, Information Technology, and application teams to insure IAM tools, configurations, and industry best practices are implemented uniformly across the enterprise
• Continuously benchmark and evaluate IAM technologies and service to improve the maturity of enterprise services
• Lead stakeholders through the requirements to production deployment
• Create and maintain documented standards, processes and procedures, aligning to company culture, policy and best practices
• Partner with Information Security Team in creating user guides and functional documentation as needed
• Cultivate robust and sustainable working relationships between Security, business, and technology teams to foster a cross-functional team environment
• Knowledge of operating systems (UNIX/Linux and Solaris, Windows) and of database management systems (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
• Design security architecture with automation and simplified operations in mind
• 7+ years of technical experience with system administration, cyber security, networking, and Microsoft Enterprise Active Directory and AWS
• 3-5 years of experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) processes and technologies
• 3-5 years' experience with IAM in the Cloud, including Azure AD, AD Connect, and AWS IAM
• AD Connect, Azure AD, ADFS, Active Directory, ADAL, ODS
• SAML, Oauth, JWT Access tokens
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in process definition, workflow design and process mapping
• Demonstrated ability to create documentation / technical content
• Collaboration and ability to influence others
• Ability to interface with all levels of organization including senior management, technical implementation resources, engineering and operations staff conveying all necessary information such as functional requirements, business requirements, technical requirements and limitations
• Ability to recognize and articulate risk associated with various choices in implementing solutions.
• Quality and accuracy
• Attention to detail
• Problem Solving and conflict negotiation
• Planning, prioritization and monitoring
• Computer Science, Engineering or other similar technical degree, or equivalent experience
• Strong technical experience with application development and support
• Microsoft, Amazon, Cloud, and Security Certifications (e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), Microsoft Certified Specialist Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions, CISSP, CISM, etc.)
• Exposure to Scaled Agile Framework and agile best practices
• Experience with Lean and Kanban processes
• 1-2 years of experience applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory as a Scrum Master for a software development team
• Experience with secure programming practice, Java, servlets, Cyberark, SailPoint, IDaaS, cloud security, network components, e,g. firewalls and proxies
This position can be located in Charlotte, NC or Tempe, AZ.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top