Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Strategic Workforce Planning is a continual process to certify that human capital and talent management strategies run parallel to business goals. It drives long-term performance improvements by identifying initiatives that address critical current & expected challenges facing the workforce - both at a business unit and enterprise level.
The strategic Workforce Planning Lead Consultant partners with the business to use robust data to analyze and quantify the key workforce challenges and drivers of those challenges. The team of consultants is responsible for creating a strong relationship with the business and to help drive results and a strategic talent plan based on their needs.
- Evaluate talent strategy and future capabilities/vision to identify current challenges and opportunities for the future
- Collect, cleanse, and manage data with support from AOR/BU
- Complete AOR/BU baseline diagnostic and identify and prioritize key areas for root cause analysis
- Perform supply/demand modelling and gap analysis to deliver key SWP insights; iterate on output with input and support from the AOR/BU team
- Partner with AOR/BU and other stakeholders across the organization (e.g., HR, Finance, Data & analytics, etc.) to identify and validate data and analyses, and to support SWP analytics and process
- Communicate (written and verbal) key findings and synthesize into a cohesive storyline and set of recommendations for the AOR/BU
- Maintain and update methodology, processes, data needed, analytic approach and tools
- Codify key learnings from projects, and update methodology, tools, and processes as needed; document SWP project best practices
- Identify and prioritize new opportunities to drive SWP enterprise value through the following business consulting responsibilities:
- Relationship Management: Successfully identify, build, and maintain relationships with business stakeholders and be able to connect people and existing/ongoing work to business problems
- Strategy & Business Consulting: Works with business partners to contribute to data and analytics action in order to aid in their strategic direction and understand how potential actions will influence their business results. Drives activities to develop strategies and identify high priority initiatives
- Data Visualization & Storytelling: With a deep knowledge of data visualization, develops solutions using tools such as Tableau in order to effectively communicate and drive the translation of data and analytics insights in business terms to key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Previous Strategic Workforce Planning experience a plus.
- 5+ years work experience in a quantitative discipline.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrate business acumen to drive consulting efforts with business clients
- Experience with analytical tools, such as SQL, R, Python and Tableau
- Ability to make sound decisions utilizing problem solving approaches and decision frameworks
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations to business clients
- Ability to drive complex analysis
- Effectively communicate concepts, tools and techniques in order to drive alignment and decision making with senior leaders
- Demonstrates an understanding of Allstate systems and data in order to provide guidance to business clients
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines and comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Ability to drive data and technical projects
- Ability to develop, communicate and/or revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction
- Advanced skills in motivation, organization, coaching and facilitation of teamwork in order to inspire trust amoung peers and business clients to build strong relationships
- Excellent presentation skills; persuasively presenting ideas to multiple levels of stakeholders, including senior leaders
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top