HR Workforce Insights Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you looking for an opportunity to solve problems? Are you an organizer who loves taking ideas into action? Do you have a passion for workforce data and enabling others to make informed decisions? If so then this role may be perfect for you. Come support Allstate's Human Resources organization as we explore and develop new ways of impacting business priorities. Be an optimistic, hard-working, collaborative, and collegial team-player who thrives in a matrix environment!
The Energy for Life Team (EFL) is part of the Benefits Design and Planning Team responsible for creating, nurturing, managing and measuring the "culture of wellbeing" at Allstate that attracts, engages and retains employees to the Enterprise. The Good Life team collaborates and consults with leadership, business clients, HR Business Partners and other HR partners to identify, develop and implement strategic enterprise initiatives that foster the total wellbeing of employees and their families.
The Workforce Insights Consultant is a responsible for gathering, analyzing, interpreting and providing data to inform and influence wellbeing and engagement at Allstate. The role will also provide management for strategic EFL projects and serve as the operations manager within the EFL team. This matrix role will work closely with members within Allstate's Workforce Insights team to understand and execute on deliverables. Extensive collaboration and coordination with both internal and external contacts is key to embedding energy management and wellbeing within business processes and continuing to implement this strategic business initiative at Allstate.
- Reporting and Analytics 60%
- Act as a consultant to the HR department, equipping our HR professionals with the data they need to address key operational issues and deliver on operations goals
- Design and create learning and development (L&D) related reports, dashboards, and scorecards. Improve existing methods/processes for producing L&D reports for HR and the business.
- Build simple reporting tools and train others in non-reporting roles to increase HR proficiency on data based decisions
- Learn and execute on existing reports, identify reporting gaps and opportunity for continuous improvements within reporting processes
- Own and communicate the EFL Scorecard, Enterprise Risk Management reporting and ABD SOAP and AOR updates
- Derive insight from data and measurement studies and present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and clients
- Business Manager & Operations Lead (40%)
- Consistently identify and coordinate process improvement within EFL operations (e.g. capacity tracking, operations listening and continuous improvement process)
- Own expense plan tracking and insights
- Provide project management for strategic EFL projects (e.g. process to design and deliver an integrated scorecard and measurement story for Good Life and Energy for Life, client project meetings to embed EFL within talent processes)
- Share HR project management and prioritization tools with the EFL team to enable more effective planning, execution and measurement of EFL deliverables.
- Facilitate EFL portfolio and operations meetings, client project meetings to identify and execute on project and stakeholder engagement integration opportunities.
- Collaborate with leadership on intake, prioritization and resource management process
- Guidance and Leadership
- Executes core workforce measurement and external research practices to improve business decision-making within HR and business units through collaboration with HR business partners or business units' stakeholders
- In collaboration with senior team members and HR leaders, develops and implements workforce analytics solutions that address business challenges
- Analyzes problems of an ambiguous nature and recommend solutions that apply knowledge of relevant internal and external trends gained through benchmarking and analysis of internal and external labor markets/talent segments
- Leverage External Relationships and Networking
- Assists in development of relationships with external learning and/or human capital measurement consortia or organizations affiliated with Allstate
- Shares Allstate knowledge with external organizations and consortia and actively debrief team members about knowledge acquired from other member companies. Evaluates and pursues external research opportunities with organizations, consortia and academic organizations
- Actively gathers and shares knowledge and best practices from external organizations and consortia that help Allstate advance the effectiveness of its learning offerings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Business, or another quantitative field
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- 2-3 years business/project management experience required
- Experience coordinating multi-site projects with multi-year implementations preferred, using standard project management methodologies and tools
- 1+ years of experience in talent management or learning and development preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to build effective reports on L&D operations, and forecast results for HR professionals and mid-level internal stakeholders
- Intermediate data visualization skills
- Intermediate level consulting skills and experience; possesses the ability to establish and leverage relationships with internal and external partners and influence outcomes
- Creative thinker and problem solver with the ability to objectively review a problem and suggest multiple alternative solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite of business software, especially Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of data management and report building software (R, Excel, Tableau and/or Alteryx)
- Possess the ability to learn and use technology tools quickly
- Intermediate business communication, presentation and writing skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top