HR Training Sr. Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Exclusive Agents (EA), Exclusive Financial Specialist (EFS) and Licensed Sales Professional (LSP) deployment team develops, directs, plans, and evaluates the external market to satisfy the organization's agency appointment requirements. The deployment team has a direct working relationship across all business areas and provides consulting services related to sourcing, recruiting, screening candidates, interview management and recommendations to meet business area hiring and appointment goals. Interprets internal or external business needs and recommends best practices. They work in partnership with the HR Deployment Leader, Agency Sales and Allstate Life and Retirement organizations to assess and meet agent appointment goals.
The National Deployment Training Sr Consultant II develops and administers a training curriculum that will be used to onboard new and existing EA,EFS, LSP recruiters and sourcers. develops and drives the overall training strategy. In addition, the Sr. Consultant II assesses training needs, designs, develops, implements, and facilitates various relevant training curricula and media to onboard new associate and develops incumbent employees in the talent acquisition organization. The training consultant implements programs and leads education projects that will increase and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of recruiting processes.
- Develops and implements overall training strategy in with oversight of NDT leader.
- Influences and determines training priorities.
- Works closely with senior team members inside and outside of Talent Acquisition
- Serves as education point of contact outside of Talent Acquisition
- Assesses recruiting skills gaps and needs using assessments, surveys, and review activities
- Coordinates, develops and implements learning and experimental solutions and curriculum aligned to individual, business unit and strategic business objectives
- Translates needs and solutions into short and long-term targets and goals to ensure curricula and offerings meet the current and future talent needs of the organization
- Partners with recruiting deployment leaders to ensure execution of training delivery follows the 70-20-10 model which requires 10% of learning through formal class training, 20% of learning through peer and manager coaching; and 70% of learning resulting from experiential learning such on-the-job training, job shadowing, and critical project/assignments that require application of concepts learned
- In partnership with management, supports growth and development opportunities through functional and competency based training to prepare individuals for future organizational needs
- Develops and tracks metrics to measure utilization and success
- Understand the basic to complex internal or external business issues that may hinder recruiting effort and have problem solving skills to identify innovative solutions
- Partners with subject matter experts within talent acquisitions as well as SME's in other disciplines to ensure training curriculum is relevant and applicable to learners
- In partnership with the HR Training Sr. Consultant II develops Talent Acquisition processes that ensure smooth transition to Allstate employee status:
- Benchmarking of deployment team processes
- Partners with deep subject matter experts
- Develops process change recommendations
- Leads projects independently
- Identifies process improvements in support of Talent Acquisition, enhanced candidate experience, and optimization and efficiency gains
- Designs and implements modifications to recruitment process
- Serves on, and leads, project teams or education project streams of works
- Enhances TA strategic consulting capabilities and influence
- Improves TA team performance against core recruiting competencies
- Furthers departmental knowledge by keeping the team up to date on recruiting trends
- Benchmarks, define and document disciplined training and development processes and methodologies.
- Further departmental knowledge through strategic workforce planning methodologies, research, and internal/external benchmarking
- Bachelor's Degree; PHR/SPHR or education degree preferred
- 5 or more years of training experience; expertise in recruiting a plus
- Specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise of adult learning theories and practical experience
- Strategic planning
- Proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Relationship building skills for all organizational levels
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take projects/assignment with minimal direction or supervision
- Relationship management / interpersonal skills
- Personal initiative (high level of motivation/self-starter; ability to work independently as well as on teams)
- Advanced consultation skills
- Intermediate project management
- Flexibility and capability to perform in ambiguous situations
- Strong work ethic with commitment to high performance, quality and service excellence
- Advanced Problem solving skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Professional with strong organizational, communication and administrative skills
- In-depth knowledge of professional standards and trends within the HR industry
- Ability to develop & deliver effective presentations and demonstrate consultative facilitation and presentation skills
- Proficiency in implementing and delivering new programs and initiatives
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Advanced business writing skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top