HR Senior Training Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Talent Acquisition Sr. Training Consultant develops and drives the overall training strategy in partnership with the Talent Acquisition Sr. Manager. In addition, the Sr. Consultant assesses training needs, designs, develops, implements, and facilitates various relevant training curricula and media to onboard new associate and develops incumbent employees in the talent acquisition organization. The training consultant implements programs and leads education projects that will increase and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of recruiting processes.
- •Develops and implements overall training strategy in with oversight of HR Process and Training Manager.
- •Influences and determines training priorities.
- •Works closely with senior team members inside and outside of Talent Acquisition
- •Serves as education point of contact outside of Talent Acquisition
- •Assesses recruiting skills gaps and needs using assessments, surveys, and review activities
- •Coordinates, develops and implements learning and experimental solutions and curriculum aligned to individual, business unit and strategic business objectives
- •Translates needs and solutions into short and long-term targets and goals to ensure curricula and offerings meet the current and future talent needs of the organization
- •Partners with recruiting leaders to ensure execution of training delivery follows the 70-20-10 model which requires 10% of learning through formal class training,
- 20% of learning through peer and manager coaching; and 70% of learning resulting from experiential learning such on-the-job training, job shadowing,
- and critical project/assignments that require application of concepts learned In partnership with management, supports growth and development opportunities
- through functional and competency based training to prepare individuals for future organizational needs
- Develops and tracks metrics to measure utilization and success
- Bachelor's Degree; PHR/SPHR or education degree preferred
- 5 or more years of training experience; expertise in recruiting a plus
- Specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise of adult learning theories and practical experience
- Strategic planning
- Proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Relationship building skills for all organizational levels
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take projects/assignment with minimal direction or supervision
- Relationship management / interpersonal skills
- Personal initiative (high level of motivation/self-starter; ability to work independently as well as on teams)
- Advanced consultation skills
- Intermediate project management
- Flexibility and capability to perform in ambiguous situations
- Strong work ethic with commitment to high performance, quality and service excellence
- Advanced Problem solving skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top