HR Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Human Resource Centralized Employee Relations Team (CERT) collaborates and consults with employees and leaders on employee relations issues and concerns to ensure consistency with processes; provides insights, recommendations, and implements strategies that include best practices, analyzing trends through rigorous measurement; influences change based on results; and provides leadership education in collaboration with Human Resource business partners and company leadership.
The HR Senior Consultant provides expertise and project management skill application in the execution and/or implementation of subsets of processes, products, and services. The role collaborates with the Human Resource Business partner in formulating HR plans. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective. Acts as a resource and mentor for colleagues with less experience.
- Handle employee relations cases as assigned
- Handles cases generally involving non-exempt employee's through salary band E
- Timely initial contact with involved parties
- Clear and effective coaching and consulting
- Timely and detailed documentation within Case Management Tool
- Lead Spot-check Interview process
- Consults with department leadership and make decisions regarding the questions to be used and the scope
- With guidance from CERT Associate Manager, partners with local HR to identify specific need and area of focus
- Establishes spot-check interview plan
- Coordinates, schedules and completes spot-check interviews as needed
- Summarizes data and analyzes results of interviews
- Provides completed summary to CERT Associate Manager
- Communicates results with local HR and business leader and follow up on recommendations
- Allstate i-Report
- •Gathers facts, contact necessary parties, and requests information from GCS (i-Report vendor who is generally the first point of contact for the employee that surfaced the issue/concern)
- •Determines resolution, discuss resolution with necessary parties, take appropriate action and inform GCS of final outcome/closure of case
Unacceptable Notifications (UN)
- •Provides coaching to employees and leaders as appropriate relative to issues pertaining to attendance, performance, behavior, policy, privacy, IT usage, and credit card
- •Determines if UN is the applicable next step. If so, provides additional coaching to the leader to ensure leader has all tools necessary to develop/write the UN
- •Reviews the completed document and make recommendations for updates
- •Coaches leadership on next steps
- •Determines specific details and provide coaching and communication back to manager
- •Makes decision as to whether or not involuntary termination is appropriate
- •Prepares termination packet, obtain appropriate signatures, and discuss off-boarding logistics with the leader
- •Investigates employee relations issues involving non-exempt through salary band E employee's
- •Determines specific details, reviews relevant evidence, and interviews applicable witnesses
- •Writes summary of investigation, develop and implement recommendations
Workforce Transition Execution
- •Sets up necessary meetings with Local HR and applicable leaders to discuss logistics and expectations for 30-day notice conversations
- •Conducts 30-day notice conversations with impacted employees (non-bonus) level
- •Works with local HR members to ensure off-boarding is handled appropriately
- Coaching and Counseling Employees and Leaders
- •Determines specific details, conduct required research, and resolve inquiries
- •Engages directly with leaders at all levels
- •Determines specific details and conduct required research
- •Resolves inquiry and provide coaching/development to prevent future inquiries/issues
- •Documents inquiries and resolutions in Case Management Tool on a timely basis
- •Coaches employees and leaders as appropriate relative to any potential employee relations issues. Provides appropriate solutions
- •Provides trend information to Local HR so the applicable leadership training/development can ensue Understand Human Capital Plan (HCP) for clients supported by the CERT and is active in partnership with Local HR in the development of HCP (Employee Relations benchmarking, market trends, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Ability to implement and provide strategic direction to the development and/or implementation of subsets of the products and services
- Leadership skills - Takes initiative in identifying opportunities for individual and team improvement; Engages in self-development
- Relationship management experience - Ability to answer client's initial questions on projects and services; Builds and maintains effective relationships with clients
- Interpersonal skills - Demonstrate awareness of employees attitudes and feelings; Effectively consult and influence others; Exhibit tact and consideration
- Strong communication skills - Communicates information necessary to the project, both written and orally; Acts as a contact for questions relating to specific processes
- Teamwork/collaboration skills - Completes work activities on independent or collaborative basis; Provides guidance to team efforts
- Understanding of business unit operations -- possess general knowledge of HR and company policies and procedures, and strong knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top