HR Recruiting Team Leader
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Exclusive Agents (EA), Exclusive Financial Specialist (EFS) and Licensed Sales Professional (LSP) deployment team develops, directs, plans, and evaluates the external market to satisfy the organization's agency appointment requirements. The deployment team has a direct working relationship across all business areas and provides consulting services related to sourcing, recruiting, screening candidates, interview management and recommendations to meet business area hiring and appointment goals. Interprets internal or external business needs and recommends best practices. They work in partnership with the HR Deployment Leader, Agency Sales and Allstate Life and Retirement organizations to assess and meet agent appointment goals.
The Sourcer Team Lead II manages a team of sourcers and drives sourcing strategy. This requires creativity in the development of the sourcing strategy. The role develops, directs, plans, and evaluates the external and internal sourcing activities to build a constant pipeline impacting the overall appointment and staffing plans. The Team Lead II directs all steps of the recruiting function including the sourcing strategy, sourcing approach and client relationship. They ensure the maintenance of accurate and concise records and reports concerning all phases of the recruitment process, and shares reports accordingly with client. Requires in depth knowledge and experience in client business area and vendor management. They use industry benchmarking, best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve customer service. They solve complex problems; take a new perspective using existing solutions. The Team Lead II is a subject matter expert and resource for colleagues with less experience and will direct the work of other staff members and inform regional client teams.
The individual will work with internal clients and external resources to ensure that National Deployment strategies, programs and tools provide a pipeline of qualified talent.
- •Develops and leads Sourcing Strategy, working closely with field HR teams to build a strategy that includes sourcing and diversity component
- •Identifies recruiting and labor market trends
- •Gathers and analyzes competitive industry information regarding compensation, benefits, and independent contractor programs
- •Interprets ROI analytics and makes recommendations on strategy and/or efficiencies
- •Provides strategic input to business area on staffing strategy
- •Stays abreast of current and future business needs
Customer Experience and Relationship Management
- Provides consulting services and build collaborative relationships with internal clients. Serve as a primary source of sourcing advice, consultation, and education to determine effective sourcing strategies
- Leads implementation of client sourcing strategy based on business goals
- Communicates proactively and consistently with leaders and candidates throughout the course of the search regarding lead status, process, and practices. Communications could include any or all of the following:
- Provides weekly updates
- Conducts status calls based on client need (reporting, sourcing efforts, market conditions)
- Identifies and resolves client issues and concerns
- Proactively solves problems and identify process improvements
- Ensures completion of Client Satisfaction Survey
- Manages candidate experience; ensures candidate has a positive experience and applies judgment when candidate situation deviates from practice.
Manage/Supervise Professional Employees/Team
- •Responsible for the day-to-day management/supervision of professional sourcers
- •Complete annual performance management process
- •Recommend performance ratings and compensation changes
- •Provide regular and ongoing performance feedback, coaching and support in problem solving with clients, candidates, team members, etc. to achieve recruiting outcomes
- •Provide regular coaching and support on career development and aspirations
- Leads client initiated projects (outcome of staffing strategy or business change)
- Leads National Deployment sourcing initiatives
- Manages pipeline and sourcing vendors as necessary
- Research new vendors and tools to support sourcing efforts
- Provides metrics/Dashboard and ad hoc reports as needed
- Monitors progress and status of requisitions
- Meets with clients regularly to review annual sourcing activity (total leads referred, top sources, etc.) and discuss projections
- Bachelor's degree; PHR/SPHR preferred
- 3-5 years of recruiting experience
- Excellent client relationship skills with the ability to communicate proactively and consistently with clients at all levels across the enterprise
- Professional with strong organizational and communication skills
- Broad knowledge of business, HR and industry best practices
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software, including Excel
- Analytical Skills
- Intermediate Project Management skills
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Advanced business writing skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Creative thinking and problem solving
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top