HR Recruiting Sr. Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Exclusive Agents (EA) and Exclusive Financial Specialist (EFS) team develops, directs, plans, and evaluates the external market to satisfy the organization's agency appointment requirements. The EA EFS team has a direct working relationship across all business areas and provides consulting services related to sourcing, recruiting, screening candidates, interview management and recommendations to meet business area hiring and appointment goals. Interprets internal or external business needs and recommends best practices. They work in partnership with the HR Business Partners and the Agency Sales organization to assess and meet agency appointment goals.
The EA EFS Recruiting Senior Consultant partners closely with our Field Sales leaders and HR Business Partners. The Senior Consultant will execute searches and will lead creative sourcing strategies to drive the successful execution of new agency appointments. This individual will be responsible for region-wide recruiting for one of the following agent groups:
Exclusive Financial Specialist
The role will develop, execute, and complete EA EFS recruiting assignments. In partnership with Field Sales leaders and HR Business Partners, the incumbent will have the capability to develop and lead sourcing strategies for countrywide searches, and must possess the mindset to establish strong internal and external business relationships and demonstrate a mastery of recruiting skills. This position requires the ability to establish and develop the EA EFS agent recruiting function, and the creativity to design and implement the processes and programs for an effective and efficient recruiting function.
The role directs and develops the recruiting strategy and maintains all client relationships. Requires in depth knowledge and experience in client business area. Uses industry benchmarking, best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
The EA EFS Recruiting Senior Consultant is responsible for recruiting EA and EFSs for a specified market.
The specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Consult with and build relationships with Sales leaders, to determine position and agency employment requirements and build an effective recruitment strategy.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change within the Sales organization and/or in the daily recruiting environment, with the ability to negotiate and influence leaders.
- Collaborate with sales leaders on a regular basis to ensure that client satisfaction is a priority.
- Execute the recruiting process to include developing the search strategy, sourcing (including but not limited to proactive networking, cold calling, resume mining, database searching, etc.), prescreening, interviewing candidates to attract, evaluate, develop and qualify.
- Educate candidates on the all aspects of the opportunity and will administer an assessment exam, refer pre-qualified candidates to field distribution leaders to close the candidate on the opportunity.
- Lead a recruiting strategy that yields a diverse slate of candidates; partner with the Diversity and Inclusion team members to explore and utilize diversity sources.
- Communicate proactively and consistently with distribution leaders and candidates throughout the course of the search.
- Maintain a strong network of key financial organizations and associations for potential sourcing.
- Gather competitive data, industry trends, and market conditions to communicate to and educate team and internal clients.
- Attend recruiting conferences, job fairs and networking events, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of corporate and or search firm recruiting experience, including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on recruiting financial services candidates; Financial services/sales experience is plus
- This individual will be heavily networked in the financial services and/or insurance industry and will be knowledgeable of leading search practices
- Experience with a variety of sourcing strategies and tools, including proactive phone and internet research, is critical
- Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills are required
- ATS (Applicant Tracking System) experience is preferred to source, track and manage candidates, along with strong general Microsoft proficiency, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- The ability to navigate a large corporate organizational structure and to exhibit a highly professional demeanor, poise and grace under pressure
- Sales experience is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top