HR Project Manager - Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The HR Operational Risk team is responsible for managing HR Operational risk across Cyber, Privacy, Data, Governance, Supplier, Model Governance and Business Continuity. In addition, utilizing the enterprise established risk management framework to identify, measure, monitor, and mitigate risk for HR utilizing newly developed risk assessments and dashboards.
The HR Operational Risk Lead Consultant, in partnership with applicable corporate governance teams and the oversight of the HR Operational Risk Expert, is responsible for identifying risks that may adversely impact the current or future state of HR's business operations. The individual will focus on privacy risk and legislations that require enterprise coordinated efforts and will support other horizontals as needed. The landscape of privacy legislations has increased the numerous activities that must be completed to mitigate risk and lead privacy compliance efforts across HR. The role is responsible for ensuring HR is adhering to the risk controls and creating transparency in current and emerging risks. The HR Ops Risk Lead consultant will be required to understand enterprise level risk and control standards, methods and tools, and applying those standards, methods and tools in HR.
The role is an individual contributor role. The scope of responsibilities is defined below and generally include:
- Manage operational risk projects primarily in the privacy space and other horizontals as needed.
- Support change management plans and roadmaps to deploy risk and control methods based on enterprise standards.
- Partner with privacy to ensure deliverables and enterprise risk standards are met.
- Manage annual privacy processes, such as privacy incidents and privacy impact assessments.
- Engage with business leaders to ensure risk transparency, accountability, and proactive risk mitigation where appropriate.
- Establish and maintain reporting to keep Operational Risk Expert and HR Leadership informed of project status and deliverables.
- Engage HR Leadership when risk-based decisions are required to comply.
- Identify operational risk education and awareness opportunities across HR. Develop and customize presentations or content specifically for HR.
- 5 years of related experience in risk management, privacy, or human resources transferrable expertise.
- 3 years of project management experience, including complex project management experience.
- Ability to work with highly complex legislations and detailed information independently.
- Excellent organization skills, analytical skills and time management skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to recommend actions.
- The individual must have the proven ability to influence leaders within and outside of HR.
- Navigating complex legislations and formulate questions to understand how the laws apply to HR.
- Strong computer skills (EXCEL, PowerPoint, Access and Word.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, can communicate complex information in a way that others can understand.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field is preferred - Human Resources, Risk Management, Businesss.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top