HR Payroll Sr Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Payroll Team (APT) is accountable for numerous HR activities related to payroll, SAP HCM, vendor management, project support, and project management.
The HR Payroll Senior Consultant II has responsibilities including, but not limited to, acting as a payroll subject matter expert; leading projects of high complexity; acting as a consultant to internal and external clients within their area of focus, identify new legal requirements to design, test and implement required solutions; acting as a liaison to third party providers, performing typical vendor management responsibilities.
- Acts as a subject matter expert, providing support and consulting to outsourced service providers (IBM, ADP, Equifax) and internal clients (Tax, Benefits, Executive Compensation...)
- Integrates subject matter knowledge with industry experience, knowledge of professional standards, program/process design principles and business goals/strategy
- Create and maintain payroll procedures that ensure compliance with company policy and state and federal pay regulations.
- Subject matter expert in policy resolution
- Manages and responds to requests from Tax and Legal around inquiries and requests for data to respond to IRS and matters of litigation
- Manages direct team costs and costs of third party providers (i.e. payroll tax reporting and remittance) and methods of delivery
- Utilizes subject matter knowledge to act as a resource for team members and others (COEs, third party providers, etc.)
- Uses subject matter expertise to identify issues and implement process improvements and coaches less experienced employees to prevent similar issues in the future
- Makes strategic decisions and judgments/recommendations, as appropriate
- Analyzes ambiguous problems, breaking down complex information in a systematic/communicable manner
- Leads process/service improvement programs
- Leads and implement complex and critical technology and financial projects, influencing the work of others, including our third-party providers
- Markets and builds consensus around new programs/initiatives; educate and influence decisions among key decision makers
- Uses change management skills to lead process and policy changes for multiple areas
- Develops in-depth ideas and materials, ensuring understanding of technical matters for non-technical/executive decision makers. (i.e. responses to litigation requests)
- Assumes responsibility for quality of service and advice in meeting enterprise, customer and business partner needs
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 3-5 years high volume payroll experience; SAP preferred
- Multi-state tax filing experience
- Intermediate Vendor Management skills
- Intermediate project management skills
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Demonstrated ability to offer differing points of view to solutions
- Demonstrated collaboration and facilitation skills, including good written and verbal communication skills
- Previous process analysis/process consulting experience
- Previous experience as technology SME/power user, and familiarity with HR Systems primarily SAP HCM
- Demonstrated analytical abilities including ability to gather analyze data and communicate findings utilizing common Microsoft Office tools
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top