HR Leadership Development Sr. Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Leadership Development department provides consulting and solutions that increase individual, team and organizational performance as well as personal and professional development to ensure our readiness for future leadership and business challenges.
The Leadership Development Senior Consultant is responsible for envisioning innovative solutions to a broad scope of development initiatives to internal clients by applying knowledge, experience and a broad perspective. The individual will assist in the research, discovery, and planning of innovative solutions that support employee development. This person leads moderate to high complexity initiatives, projects and/or work-streams with minimal support. This person designs and develops implementation and change strategies to bring the vision to life.
- Executes development programs for High Potential employees, and current and future leaders
- Provides consulting to internal clients on leadership development needs; manages the expectations of clients and internal partners by preparing information for a mutually acceptable solution
- Partners in the enhancement of development programs, processes, technology, and policies that are cost effective, competitive, attract/retain quality employees, support the Employee Value Proposition, as well as are aligned to the Enterprise Leadership Development strategy and business unit priorities
- Uses and continuously acquires knowledge about the business and client organization to design leadership development activities
- Maintains knowledge of employee development trends through best practice research, internal/external benchmarking, participation in professional associations, etc.
- Ability to solve a range of moderate to high complexity problems by analyzing data to draw conclusions to help drive development solutions
- Builds effective relationships within and across the team, clients, senior leaders and vendors to ensure effective delivery of initiatives
- Develops internal client communications and branding; adapt communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal levels
- Creates and maintains reports, project documents, plans, and measurement for all projects
- Ability to work independently as well as thrive in a matrixed team environment
- Be aware of and operate within budget
- Four-year degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, and/or Organizational Change preferred. Master's degree and/or related certification a plus.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior/Change, learning and development or other relevant field; experience with development of leadership development training, programs, reporting metrics, etc. (recommended)
- Prior experience with Innovation problem-solving of employee programs (recommended)
- Professional with strong analytical, organizational, communication (both verbal and written) and project management skills
- Consulting presence and capabilities with the ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Advanced time management skills: ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Flexibility and capability to perform in ambiguous situations
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top