HR Enterprise Compensation Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Manager of Enterprise Compensation is responsible for delivering compensation and governance initiatives to internal clients by applying professional judgment, knowledge, experience and a broad perspective. The individual will be responsible for delivering on the research, analysis, design, implementation, and administration of key compensation programs of the Company (e.g., annual incentive programs, long-term incentive programs, expatriate pay, investments compensation, etc.). In addition, the individual will play a key role in leading the development and implementation of innovative and competitive pay solutions that support the Company's strategic objectives and shareholders' interests. The individual manages highly complex and technical projects and may manage employees or manage aspects of an employee's accountabilities.
- Lead rewards governance across the enterprise, in partnership with affiliate and international business unit HR and leadership, in support of appropriate risk management and enterprise compensation philosophy
- Communicate the global total rewards priorities across the enterprise, in partnership with affiliate and international business unit HR and leadership, and ensure delivery of related core initiatives including researching and presenting market viewpoints on compensation and related governance matters.
- Lead the people/compensation diligence and integration related to M&A projects and acquisitions, ensuring appropriate management of risk, development of retention strategies and compensation planning Develop and lead rewards governance across the enterprise, in partnership with affiliate and international business unit HR and leadership, in support of appropriate risk management and enterprise compensation philosophy
- Lead and manage the delivery of investment compensation benchmarking results and recommendations to Senior Leadership as well as the research, analysis, design, implementation, communication, and administration of investment specific incentive plans for eligible employees, ensuring alignment with business objectives and shareholder interests
- Ensure proper management of various vendor relationships
- Manage the relatively complex projects covering all areas of global compensation including changes to regulatory provisions, employee communication regarding reward programs, analyzing effectiveness of current compensation/reward programs, ad-hoc report and analysis requests
- Deliver high quality projects on time and budget in a high paced environment.
- Collaborate well with HR peers and business and/or functional experts.
- Develop effective relationships with human resources and senior leadership of affiliate and international business units, ensuring effective delivery of services
- Develop effective relationships with accounting, finance, HR and legal such that the impact of proposed changes to compensation programs are fully understood and articulated to Senior Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance, Human Resources or Law required
- Advanced degree (MBA) preferred
- Advanced certification (CPA, CCP) preferred
- 7+ years' experience in Compensation
- Professional with strong leadership, communication and administrative skills
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software
- Advanced analytical and project management skills and strong financial acumen
- Work independently with very limited guidance
- Provide technical advice to internal clients in effective manner
- Prior compensation consulting experience preferred
- Ability to influence others
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize, and create alignment and buy-in from clients
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Advanced understanding of HR strategy, policies and integration points
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top