HR EA Sourcing Associate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Employee Recruiting Talent Acquisition team develops, directs, plans, and evaluates the external recruitment and/or internal transfer programs to satisfy the organization's staffing requirements. The Employee Recruiting Talent Acquisition team has a direct working relationship across all business areas and provides consulting services related to sourcing, researching, marketing, recruiting, screening candidates, interview management and recommendations to meet business area hiring goals. Talent Acquisition interprets internal or external business needs and recommends best practices. The Talent Acquisition Employee Recruiting Team partners with HR Business Partners and business areas to develop and implement hiring goals and strategies.
The Sourcing Analyst is responsible for sourcing strategies for a specific client group. The Sourcing Analyst is aligned to requisitions that require database mining of in house tools such as ATS and CRM, some internet searches, resume searching, prescreening candidates and filtering mass amounts of potential candidates. The Souring Analyst works within a recruiting team and partners with the recruiter to develop the sourcing strategy. They partner with the internal strategic research services team to gain competitive intelligence to better understand the market. One of the critical responsibilities of the Sourcing Analyst is to ensure that there's a healthy pipeline of qualified candidates and to build active candidate lists. There is candidate contact though sourcing efforts and prescreening. This role requires independent judgment and the ability to make recommendations on recruiting practices and candidates.
- Matches necessary competencies to experience, utilizing internal/external resources and proprietary databases
- Gathers and synthesize market, candidate and industry data
- Monitors and tracks industry happenings and corporate events specific to a function
Sourcing & Pipeline Optimization
- Accurately inputs, organizes and maintains the integrity of candidate management database ATS/CRM
- Develops subject matter expertise regarding functionality and searching optimization
- Understands the talent profile to develop name generation by researching the specific industry or specialty skills and leadership capabilities
- Provides input on sourcing strategies (what is working and not working)
- Develops market intelligence (through sourcing outlets, organizations and networking)
- Partners with recruiting team to create and implement sourcing strategy (client goals, business knowledge, unique recruiting plans)
- Evaluates job descriptions to ensure understanding of position, skills, and experience required
- Sources and identifies qualified candidates for open positions in Allstate Tracking System and some job boards
- Monitors application flow via applicant tracking system
- Assists in monitoring and leveraging social media outlets to build pipelines, announce job positions, and build Allstate's brand
- Proactively builds talent pipeline or database of potential candidates
- Manages and post positions on niche sites (request recruiter or manager approval if site charges a fee)
- Prescreens resumes to select candidates for consideration. Requires assessment skills and the ability to interpret information to assess qualifications and fit. Direct impact to business area and recruiter pipeline
- Tracks candidates in Taleo and maintain Taleo integrity
- Ensures company complies with laws and regulations as it relates to online sourcing, staffing, and hiring practices
Client Specific Business Acumen
- Understands job requirements - strong knowledge of skills and abilities (competencies) required for different positions
Client Relationship Management
- Responds to recruiter, candidate and/or hiring manager in a timely manner
- Ensures candidate has a positive recruiting experience
- Accompanies recruiters in kick-off meetings and/or hiring leader intake sessions to better understand the requirements of the search
College and Candidate Outreach
- Establishes and maintains contacts/relationships with employment sources, such as colleges, employment agencies, search firms, colleges/universities, and trade associations, etc.
- Attends career fairs and campus events
- Partners with College Admin to register for events, order promo materials, etc.
- Collaborates with internship coordinator/Talent Advisor to identify potential future candidates for internships and Leadership Development Program (LDP)
- Tracks all e-recruiting programs to optimize investment
- Requests and/or view reports to monitor and evaluate sourcing techniques to determine sourcing effectiveness based on quantitative data, cost efficiency, and customer feedback
- Bachelor's degree and search experience preferred
- 0- 2 years of experience
- Previous background in search experience in a high volume corporate environment preferred
- Time management skills including ability to handle high volume requisitions
- Organization skills and ability to manage multiple client groups
- Client relationship skills with the ability to communicate proactively and consistently with clients at all levels across the enterprise
- Professional with strong communication skills with the ability to partner with recruiting teams
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software, including Excel
- Business writing skills with the ability to develop effective correspondence
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top