HR Client Partnership Sr Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Business HR Sr Consultant role supports the business by consulting with Business HR team members and other Human Resource Areas of Responsibility designing and implementing new programs, services or approaches and contributes to strategic decisions. This position also uses subject matter expertise to coach less experienced employees to anticipate and prevent potential problems.
This role supports relationships with client groups while working with business partners, Business HR and HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) to ensure that Business HR practices are understood and supported. Actively participate in the delivery of core talent initiatives aligned to enterprise or business priorities.
This position provides support to the HR Director and Business Partner for Allstate Financial, Enterprise Risk and Allstate Personal Lines Risk.
Consulting - Aligning and delivering our work against the top company goals
- Builds rapport and trust with clients and stakeholders
- Establishes an understanding of business problems or challenges by reframing questions or asking and exploratory questions
- Tailors approach to the needs and preferences of clients and stakeholders
- Sells ideas to team members and clients
- Tactfully speaks up and takes a stand on controversial or new issues and approaches without conflict.
Communication - Effective sharing information, listening, and building trust across stakeholders
- Regularly seeks and provides feedback to others in a direct and professional manner
- Influences people not under direct control
Business Acumen - Understands how Allstate's business and HR function works
- Demonstrates broad working knowledge of HR function
- Anticipates business/clients needs before requested
Critical Thinking - Disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, evaluating information, and demonstrating analytical decision making.
- Understands how parts of a problem or an issue interrelate [understands the 'big picture']
- Able to grasp broad concepts and apply them in practical ways in day-to-day activities
HR Analytics - Employing an analytic approach to address business priorities and challenges
- Engages clients through relevant information, clear insight, compelling presentation, and a narrative that resonates with them
- Utilize data in appropriate ways to address critical business questions
Collaboration - Ability to work with others, demonstrating backup support & mutual performance
- Helps others who need direction or support
- Establishes personal goals taking into consideration the needs of others.
Drive Results - Delivering excellence across the talent lifecycle and meeting business priorities
- Relates specific assignments to organizational goals and objectives
- Is a recognized expert in project management and in the techniques necessary to successfully manage a project. Often requested to manage critical projects by senior management.
- Demonstrates an end-to end mindset with regard to employee/client inquiries
- Quickly adjusts to changing work priorities
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Human Resources
- Professional with strong organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Intermediate project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of SAP preferred
- Ability to facilitate development workshops.
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Strong oral and business writing skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to analyze data and apply it to problem resolution
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top