Group Premium Administration Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Group Premium Administration handles all aspects of billing, payments, commissions, and customer support for employees, employers, agents, and the field force for group products. Also builds and maintains relationship with Partner companies.
This position facilitates the workflow of large groups, the online billing processes including combined billing groups across company platforms and commission processing including 1099 processing. The position also coordinates all reporting and billing for Missed Premium Groups.
- Coordinates work flow of other team members handling large groups or online groups.
- Building and maintaining relationships with Vendors and/or Employer groups and Agents
- Preparation of month end management reports
- Reviews suspense accounts to make sure all payments are processed for large group and online groups.
- Internal reporting for identification and system corrections for out of balance processes
- System testing and process improvement enhancements
- Trains new employees and cross trains existing employees on new processes
- Customer Service of escalated calls
- Assist with operational efficiency projects assigned by management and identify opportunities for process improvement in order to enhance the customer experience
- Ability to understand several different administration systems to track the flow of funds to ensure proper distribution
- Review and balance semi-monthly commission cycles
- Coordinates with New Business & agents for agent system changes
- Maintain master payment files; Process premium payments with suspense reconciliation
- Large group liaison between group, agents, national account managers and new business
- Assist with reconciliation & large groups including payment processing, file maintenance
- Delinquent Premium preparation and collections for large group & online groups
- Sets up and handles all webinars for EasyBill online and Combined billing accounts
- Reviews and makes sure deadlines are met as far as producing and mailing missed premium invoices
- High School Diploma
- 5 or more years experience in a related field or 2 year degree
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, working knowledge of Word
- Ability to work in several different systems
- Must have good oral and written communications
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Professionalism, positive attitude, and the ability to work well within a team
- Intermediate strategic and analytical thinking, and use of established practices while making informed independent decisions
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top