Group Premium Administration Senior Associate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Group Premium Administration handles all aspects of billing, payments, commissions, and customer support for employees, employers, agents, and the field force for group products.
This position handles the more complex groups (special handling) and processes pertaining to Group Premium Administration
This position may handle all or some of the responsibilities listed below:
- Maintain master payment files
- Calculating and processing refund checks
- Genleco file maintenance including terminations, address changes, etc.
- Communication with clients for premium discrepancies, billing questions, refunds and missing information
- Preparing audits where necessary of billed versus paid premiums either on a group or individual level.
- Preparation of various month end management reports
- Processing premium payments on an individual bases including suspense maintenance.
- Determination of termination for non-payment on an individual level
- Mailing letters to individuals for termination
- Building and maintaining relationships with Vendors and/or Employer groups
- Researches & responds to emails, voice mails and phone calls to questions about employees, outstanding balances, payments and discrepancies
- Internal reporting for identification and system corrections for out of balance processes
- System testing and process improvement enhancements
- Large group & special handling group file maintenance including payment processing, termination for non-payment, refunds and reconciliations
- Promotes the Online Billing website
- Promotes Direct Deposit with Agents
- Trains new employees and existing employees on new processes & for cross training
- Handles Large group cases including calculation of missed premium for individual billing, suspense reconciliation, payment processing & billing, customer service
- Primary contact for some large groups & all EasyBill online customers
- Extensive Customer Service including escalated calls
- Assist with operational efficiency projects assigned by management
- Primary SME for Combined billing for EasyBill online for Group & Life 70 products.
- Ability to understand several different administration systems to track the flow of funds to ensure proper distribution
- Extensive Customer Service
- Reviews and balances semi-monthly commission cycles
- Coordinates with New Business & agents for agent system changes
- Works closely with Management on a daily
- Identify opportunities for process improvement in order to enhance the customer experience
- Processing Credit Card Payments
- High School Diploma
- 3 or more years experience in a related field or 2 year degree
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, working knowledge of Word
- Ability to work in several different systems
- Must have good oral and written communications
- Ability and willingness to handle irate calls
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Professionalism, positive attitude, and the ability to work well within a team
- Intermediate strategic and analytical thinking, and use of established practices while making informed independent decisions
- Team Player, ability to stand out in a team oriented environment
- Ability to give and receive coaching and feedback
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top