Government & Industry Relations Attorney-Tampa, FL
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Government and Industry Relations Attorney job provides legal counsel regarding government affairs and public policy for the Florida region including but not limited to: Drafting Legislation and Regulations/ Guaranty Fund and Residual Market Governance/ Issue Identification and Advocacy / Lobbying/ Position Development including research and drafting/ Legislative and Regulatory Developments/ Political Advice and Counsel and ALLPAC and Corporate Contributions/ Trade Association Leadership and Participation/ Government and Regulatory Litigation and Disputes / Monitoring, Reporting, and Other Advice and Counsel related to Government Affairs.
The Florida regional counsel is also responsible for managing Regulatory and Regulatory Compliance work including but not limited to: Administrative & Regulatory Agency Inquiries and Investigations/ Lobbying and Campaign Contribution Compliance/ Insurance Regulatory Compliance/ and Regulatory Examinations.
- Core Competencies
- Intermediate skills/abilities/experiences in the following areas: legal knowledge, business knowledge, issue management, analytical skills, influencing others, coaching and development, self development, and productivity
- Other Requisites
- Possesses a Juris Doctorate and an license to practice law in Florida
- 7+ years related experience typical
- Computer skills, including MS Office suite, used in or related to the tasks performed
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity
- Has relevant experience within a reputable law firm or an in-house legal department, or government for a mid- to large-sized organization
- Insurance-industry experience preferred
- Management & Supervisory Skills
- Budget management skills
- Project management skills and law firm/vendor management experience
- Able to interact with all levels of personnel and supervise/oversee the work of more junior resources
- Utilizes subject matter expertise to coach and guide less experienced team members
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top