Governance of Personal Information Associate Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The GPI Admininstation Function is responsible for assisting GPI professionals or a related areas by performing analysis or activities related to protecting personal information or other related activity. Support may include managing vendors, tracking and processing expenses, ensuring staffing is built, organizing overall progress reports, building the tool suite to manage the GPI function and responding to inquiries from others. Management within the function includes providing direct management to employees in a department or sub-group within the function, or management of a process, vendor, or group of vendors. Management includes participating in performance evaluations and conversations with direct reports, management, or vendors and staff, coordinating schedules and workloads, providing coaching, mentoring, and feedback, and participating in hiring and on boarding. Management includes identification of new processes or potential new vendors and termination of employees or vendor relationships based on performance.
This role is responsible for serving as an integral member of the GPI leadership team to assist in achieving GPI objectives. Acts as GPI liaison with other adminstrative functions including finance, IT and risk. The individual can balance mulitple priorities at once. The individual provides mentoring and coaching to the team. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual’s own responsibilities, and manages the individual’s own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
- Ensures and enables staff to maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages and resolves escalated customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; celebrates achievements and develops and directs business unit action plans as needed
- Conforms to internal control standards and key process requirements
- Provides GPI support for analysis and tracking of staffing plan
- Develops and maintains staffing and expense planning
Operational and People Management
- Achieves effective employee oversight, engagement and development through meaningful sit-alongs, floor walks, process reviews and coaching sessions
- Develops and maintains an environment of ethics and integrity that embraces all attributes of our Shared Vision. Proactively identifies and manages risk while eliminating barriers to help achieve business results
- Supports the GPI program and conducts training as warranted
- Achieves business unit performance targets in both people and operational accountabilities, to include employee development and engagement, risk reduction goals, and quality file handling that drives key business objectives
- The individual is responsible for managing projects to assure they are properly planned, documented and delivered on time
- Oversees the process and administration of any vendors used in the GPI program
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Possess advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies knowledge of GPI processes, policies, procedures
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies highly advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies highly advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
- Applies knowledge of expense management, budgeting and vendor management
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top