General Manager, Community - Car Sharing
To drive the badly needed change in the transportation system in the U.S., we're launching Drift, an innovative new car sharing business that is designed to help everyday Americans take advantage of the sharing economy and the growing discontent with personal car ownership. Our mission is to reduce the cost of car ownership for Americans by matching owners of underused vehicles with individuals who would like to loan them convenient, affordable vehicles.
The GM, Community has responsibility for achieving profit and growth targets for the Apartment line of business for the Drift Car Sharing business. This individual develops integrated strategies and coaches others to achieve desired growth and profit goals, drawing upon expertise in product, pricing, risk management and knowledge of the business to achieve business goals. This position will direct and develop products, services or recommendations to support the overall health of the line and is accountable for effectively acting as a liaison, collaborating with departments and businesses that have ownership of executing the implementation of products, services or processes. Accountable as Product Manager for one or more product features within the Car Sharing peer-to-peer line. Create, drive and execute product strategy. Understand need of the customer, declare objective, identify key performance indicators, ensure appropriate measurement, and manage ongoing lifecycle of feature. Participate in the development of the product management discipline within greater team and department
- Define the business vision for their concept and the path to grow at scale
- Work alongside the VP of Business Operations to help define the overall marketing, analytics and customer experience vision
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering to identify and prioritize key product features that are essential to create growth
- Manage the business development process to build a pipeline of potential business partners that are integral to your concept, as well as convert those leads into successful partnerships.
- Work closely with existing business partners. Work to resolve in-field issues with problem solving and coaching.
- Build strong relationships with both staff and executives across the country.
- Define and execute customer marketing and acquisition programs, including digital marketing, loyalty and promotional programs.
- Drive and monitor key quantitative metrics, including daily customer experience and operational metrics, while growing gross transaction volume and users.
- Ideate and execute innovative partnership and marketing strategies that help generate demand and keep users engaged.
- Build an organization capable of creating strategy to drive new initiatives successfully across the company; recruit, develop, coach and counsel a world-class team
- Provide leadership, motivation and hands-on direction to management, analytics, and trust & safety teams in service to delivering outstanding customer experiences
- Work across multiple digital products and business units in parallel. Must be able to come up to speed quickly in new business areas, balance multiple initiatives, while maintaining a high level of performance and customer service
- Clearly communicate business objective timelines to executive team, expose risks and tradeoffs with a no surprises philosophy
- Communicate and deliver to commitments and inspire accountability of our teams by removing barriers to success
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- A broad thinker who brings a demonstrated track record of success within innovative, analytics driven organizations competing in high-growth global markets
- Expertise in developing and promoting a strategic vision and business plan; ability to identify the tactics and resources required to achieve organizational objectives
- Ability to assess customer needs and "pain points"; assisting in the identification of features to build on mobile e-commerce platforms to address these issues
- Demonstrated leadership experience setting the vision; building, leading and motivating business teams
- Tenacious and resourceful problem solver; deeply analytical
- Strong ability to influence senior executives and build relationships across functions, levels and geographies
- Highly analytical mindset with proven expertise in productizing data; ability to synthesize and analyze data to identify trends and marketing opportunities
- Proven ability to utilize analytics, product metrics, user experience research, competitive and market analysis, and company goals to drive prioritization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
- Strong project management and performance management skills
- Recognized self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and seeks the challenge of winning in a rapidly changing marketplace
Product Management - Drift
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top