Full-Stack Software Engineer (Java/Agile)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our dynamic team of scrum/extreme programming (XP) developers in Chicago/Northbrook. Our goal is to build Rating products that support Pricing strategy for Allstate Insurance Products. This team will engineer software all day, every day, on a full-stack cloud platform. Driving quality leveraging test-driven development with continuous integration & continuous delivery is key to our engineering approach. This is a tremendous opportunity to deliver the next-generation Rating product for our end users. This team will be working at our innovation hub in the Merchandise Mart or Northbrook which will provide the latest in modern equipment, healthy work spaces, and engineering tools to accomplish our goals.
- Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team's backlog
- Leads & Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
- Practices daily paired programming and test driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- Participates in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the CompoZed Labs community.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 4+ years of developing and implementing systems.
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object oriented programming.
- Basic understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, security, and analytics
- Experience developing software in different programming languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages, including but not limited to ReactJS, Java (Spring).
- Knowledge of developing REST APIs including service discovery/registration, testing and management; experience using API gateways a plus
- Experience in backend database development (relational/NoSQL) and optimization.
Job Qualifications (Cont'd)
- Knowledge of modern Database softwares like SQL, Redis, Mongo DB, etc is a plus.
- Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge in atleast one of testing frameworks like junit, mockito, jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies is a plus
- Able to learn new technologies.
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Back to top