Full Stack Senior Software Engineer
- Tempe, AZ
The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you'll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.
CompoZed is an Allstate developed software delivery methodology with Agile Scrum at its epicenter. In this role, the CompoZed Software Engineer serves as a member of a product team. They practice and are the champions of the CompoZed methodology while possessing a product mindset working within the product team. This is a great opportunity to join Allstate's Product Management Platform team and work on technology critical to core Allstate operations. CompoZed Software Engineers develop applications following 12-factor principles to build out products through continual enhancements through a full stack of software products; developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and backend services. He/she leverages test driven development, CI/CD, and Allstate developed tools and frameworks to ensure of the timely delivery of high quality products. He/she actively participates in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the most appropriate technology and relevant design is chosen to meet user needs with maintainability and reusability.
- Possess the technical capabilities to quickly integrate with a CompoZed team and become familiar with the technical working environment with minimal supervision
- Evaluate and make recommendations on all technical aspects of the software delivery lifecycle to achieve the desired delivery velocity with high quality outcomes in a self-directed and self-managed manner
- Adhere to and promote principles of 12 factor apps, including key areas of concern such as availability, scalability, maintainability and security
- Drive critical phases of software engineering work from inception and throughout the CI/CD lifecycle
- Accountable for consulting more senior members of the engineering team and be able to make sound technical decisions across multiple problem dimensions and be able to articulate the decision throughout the evaluation process • Recognize, evolve and adapt technical approaches to problem solving as the business and computing landscape changes • Maintain positive outlook in handling continuous change and bring a sense of urgency in driving positive change at Allstate
- Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team's backlog
- Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or STEM field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science and Software Engineering fundamentals
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in structured team settings
- Strong understanding and effective implementation experience of design patterns, data structures, data persistence, UI frameworks, software and object-oriented design principles
- Experience in developing software in different programming languages and across various paradigms, and demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate and learn unfamiliar new programming languages
The minimum salary for this position is $80,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top