Full Stack Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Roadside Service is an industry leading and award winning division of Allstate driving digitization and creating market disrupting tools, we are humanizing the rescue experience and winning industry awards along the way. Come join the team that pioneered the insurance industry's first crowd sourced rescue network. We are looking for energetic talent to bring both skill and ideas to this team. Located in Charlotte, North Carolina this group responsible for building digital products, service APIs, and component services that enhance our rescue experience for our customers. You will partner with Architects and work in a dynamic XP environment paring with team members in a one of the highest performing groups within Allstate. Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can help build digital products that will fundamentally change safety on the roadways and the way people interact with their cars.
Allstate is looking for junior Software Engineers to join a dynamic team of extreme programming (XP) developers focused on creating innovative products in a pairing lab environment for Allstate Roadside Services. At Allstate we are challenging the known and embarking on an Agile transformation. Part of this transformation is called CompoZed and we are revolutionizing how Allstate delivers technology solutions. As well as creating a high performance, user centric culture. CompoZed is a global network of Agile development labs. We are empowering the disrupter to deliver valuable products to our customers.
- Knowledge of front end experience (HTML5, CSS3, Less...) developing responsive designed applications (mobile first mentality)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and Test Driven Development
- Ability to developing clean, well architected code
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- Continuous integration and deployment such as Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle
- Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitHub)
- Database skills preferable experience using Oracle or SQL Server.
- Data (SQL or similar query language) and data constructs (XML, JSON)
- Experience developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs and APIs (Service-oriented architectures)
- Ability to participate and lead discussions in daily and weekly team-improvement meetings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of testing methodologies such as functional, SOA and performance testing
- Experience designing applications - in many iterations you will not receive a full spec and will need to feel comfortable thinking things through, filling in the blanks and iterating across sprints as we receive feedback from customer interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to actively participate in daily and weekly team-improvement meetings
- Mobile (native apps) experience (Android and/or iOS desired)
- Cloud computing (Cloud Foundry, Azure or AWS)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top