Full Stack Developer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Business Hosting is looking for energetic talent to bring both skill and ideas to this team. Located in Charlotte, North Carolina this group is responsible for building automated solutions to standardize and simplify the server deployment process. You will partner with design engineers and work closely with other developers to create dynamic solutions. Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can help build digital products that will fundamentally change the way infrastructure is deployed and maintained.
Our team is responsible for designing and deploying Windows and Red Hat Linux servers. As part of an ongoing transition to Agile practices, the team is building a DevOps delivery model. This involves both scripted deployments of infrastructure and the full-stack development of self-service automation solutions. This position is fill a need on the development side.
- Knowledge of front end experience (HTML5, CSS3, Less...) developing responsive designed applications
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Ability to developing clean, well architected code
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- Continuous integration and deployment such as Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle
- Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitHub)
- Database skills preferable experience using Oracle or SQL Server.
- Data (SQL or similar query language) and data constructs (XML, JSON)
- Experience developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs and APIs (Service-oriented architectures)
- Ability to lead discussions in daily and weekly team-improvement meetings
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies such as functional, SOA and performance testing
- Experience designing applications - in many iterations you will not receive a full spec and will need to feel comfortable thinking things through, filling in the blanks and iterating across sprints as we receive feedback from customer interactions
- Cloud computing (Cloud Foundry, Azure or AWS)
- Comfortable working from the command-line (Bash, Ksh)
- Experience with Spring Boot Frameworks
- Use object-oriented design (OOD) patterns for separation of concerns, code reusability, security and performance
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability application development required
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top