FSS - Tax Accountant - Entry Level
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The tax role within the Allstate enterprise is to provide all tax compliance, tax accounting and tax planning functions for the enterprise. This includes handling of all tax related audits as well as appropriate communication, where appropriate, with management on tax and related matters.
The Tax Accountant will be a member of the Tax Compliance/Tax Provision group within the company's Tax Department. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparation and analysis of tax provision for financial reporting
- Preparation of federal tax returns
- Account reconciliations/validation
- Monthly close and related processing and analysis (e.g. account analysis, preparation of journal entries)
- Participating in process improvement projects
- Implementing, reporting, and communicating the impact of business and accounting related initiatives on assigned processes and financial statements
- Working collaboratively within the team and across the department
- Special projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- 0-2 years of prior accounting, tax and/or financial reporting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Solid PC skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Office
- Knowledge of SAP accounting system a plus
- General knowledge of GAAP and insurance knowledge a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple customers and suppliers while consistently meeting required deadlines
- Knowledge of financial statement reporting and related analysis
- The ability to research, assemble and communicate findings to areas requesting analytical information
- Good organizational and referencing skills related to work papers, financial statements and schedules
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top