Financial Analyst- Treasury
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent career opportunity for a Financial Analyst within the Treasury and Planning Department in Northbrook, IL. The purpose of the Treasury and Planning Department is to proactively and creatively lead/manage cash, liquidity, capital, M&A, ratings and corporate structure issues, for the purpose of increasing shareholder value, in partnership with the other functions in the company and with results/action-oriented people. Contributions to the financial strength and stability of The Allstate Corporation include analyzing financial results, leading the financial planning process, evaluating the utilization of capital, and making recommendations concerning corporate strategy.
The Corporate Planning and Analysis Team is responsible for contributing to the future success of The Allstate Corporation by supporting the Treasury, Planning and Analysis function of the organization.
This individual will be involved in the consolidation of the corporation's planning and forecasting process, expense management, actual reporting for senior management and Allstate Board financial presentations. The position will be supporting the Corporate Planning and Analysis Department. Exposure to a wide variety of finance functions including: forecasting and planning, expense analysis, cash and liquidity management, and industry information gathering and analysis.
- Assist in consolidation and analysis of annual operating plan, strategic forecast and monthly forecasting
- Assist & lead in preparation of monthly reporting packages for senior management/Allstate Corporation Board meeting presentations
- Expense analysis, actual and planning
- Exposure to capital management
- Industry and competitor company analysis and research
- Bachelor's degree, Major preference: Finance, Economics or Business
- 2-5 years of related experience, Insurance industry and financial analysis experience preferred
- Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SAP knowledge a plus
- Advanced analytical skills including ability to reconcile, manipulate and analyze data to produce information and develop and/or evaluate financial scenarios
- Written and verbal communication skills required to draft memos and presentations and interact with internal customers
- Planning and organizing skills including ability to multi-task and exhibit effective time management and organizational skills
- Personal interest in learning a wide variety of corporate finance related work, ability to pay close attention to detail and the ability to work on teams as well as independently
- General insurance industry understanding including metrics, common structures (mutual vs. stock), ratings importance, preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top