Financial Analyst- Entry Level
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you interested in being a part of the ongoing success of the largest publicly traded insurance company in the U.S.? Do you want to bring your vision, skills and drive to a Fortune 100® company with over 82 years of financial stability? Does challenging work and unlimited professional growth potential excite you? Then a career in finance at Allstate is right for you!
As the largest finance department in the company, Protection Finance works across multiple areas to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. We recommend innovative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. Our work includes timely reporting, critical analysis and essential financial projections as we interface with business leaders across the corporation.
Protection Finance currently has an opportunity for an Entry Level Financial Analyst in Hauppauge, NY!
Job Highlights (may vary by team)
• Analyze and communicate financial results for key products, markets and initiatives
• Develop compelling story lines, deepen client insights and recommend creative actions that guide strategy and operations
• Formulate financial projections to predict and track performance, diagnose potential issues and prompt corrective actions
• Ensure Protection Finance's credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting
• Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business
• Prepare and help build storyline for financial updates
• Collaborate with business partners to identify emerging issues and assist in implementation of strategies
• Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives
• Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
• Develop effective presentations for small groups
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or related field.
- GPA of 3.2 and above with Finance related internship
- Excellent oral communication and time management skills are a must.
- Advanced mathematical and analytical thinking skills and a clear understanding of general business financial applications and formulas.
- General knowledge of business area processes, including best practices in order to support the area's projects, products and services.
- This individual will have exceptional written skills and the ability to understand and report on all forms of business statistical information.
- The ability to make decisions, solve problems and meet challenges in completing work.
- Strong skills in Word, PowerPoint, Access and especially Excel are required and experience with SAP and Hyperion is a plus!
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top