Field Sales Leader
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Supports the growth and success of the Regional distribution channel and its new agency owners and/or existing exclusive agents. This is achieved through effective consultations, acquisition and retention process adoption, business planning and deployment/staffing strategies. Influences behavior changes with the ability to coach/engage agency owners.
The FSL is responsible for working with New Agencies, including startup and outside buyer appointments during the first 18 months of their contract, with a view to reaching immediate goals and creating larger, more successful, growing agencies. This will be achieved through:
- Creating and tracking performance to a strategic business plan for the market
- As the Allstate Representative, consulting with Exclusive Agencies (EAs) and Exclusive Financial Specialists (EFSs) to develop strategic business plans, provide advice on agency operations, identify issues and recommend plans for resolution, and facilitate access to Allstate resources (e.g. Agency Process Specialist) as requested
- Communicating Allstate messages to EAs and EFSs, apply the message to the agency-specific business model, and assisting EAs and EFSs, as requested, with to create an action plan to adjust operations accordingly
- Prospecting for, assessing and recruiting agency candidates in accordance with the deployment strategy
- Consults s with agencies to drive results in order to meet the market production plan
- Participates directly in sales activities, as requested (i.e. seminars, sales calls, prospecting)Creates a short term (1 year) and long term (3 year) strategic market business plans, and drives market performance to those plans as requested
- Collaborates with EAs and EFSs to assist with creation of agency-specific short term (1 year) strategic business plans and periodically reviews and suggests adjustments as necessary to achieve results
- Acts as a Strategic Business Advisor to EAs and EFSs in order to achieve immediate goals
- Listens to EA primary aims, business goals, and challenges
- Assists new agency in achieving goals as outlined in the Agency Tiered Incentive Compensation Program to achieve growth trajectory by month 24
- Suggests appropriate marketing programs and processes
- Uses financial modeling to provide advice on creating a business case for key investments with EA
- Consults on agency staffing models
- Coordinates with SAL and APS-NA to ensure successful and timely installation of needed processes, as requested
- Acts as an ambassador for Allstate with the agencies, and take ownership of Allstate messages
- Communicates Allstate messaging on all relevant topics, including business objectives, sales promotions and incentives, compensation and bonus structure, and Allstate news
- Customizes messaging for the specific agency, assesses the implications, and suggests necessary actions
- Works with the Strategic Deployment Leader (SDL) to determine strategic deployment opportunities
- Works with new candidates on business planning and establishing their agency
- As delegated by the Regional Financial Services Leader (RFSL), performs those duties, as set forth in the AFS, LLC Written Supervisory Procedures, of a Designated Supervisory Principal (DSP) within a market
- Provides day-to-day securities supervision of registered representatives (EAs) to ensure that they meet SEC, NASD, and all other broker/dealer requirements (excludes Series 7 activity unless designated by the RFSL).
- 5+ years business experience in a leadership role
- Sales Experience
- 4 year college degree preferred
- FINRA Series 6, 26 and 63 (where applicable) required or the ability to acquire in the timeframe set forth by the Allstate Broker Dealer
- P&C, Life and Health Licensed in state of residence
- Requirement for role in 2018: Allstate is investing in the development of its field leaders to drive the trusted advisor strategy. In 2018 sales leaders will be required to complete the Financial Services Certified Professional Designation Program as a condition of employment. Completion of the education must occur by the end of 2019. Incumbents newly hired in 2018 and beyond will have 2 years from the hire date to complete the education program (i.e., hired in January 2019, will have until Jan 2021 to complete it). Deadlines for leaders on a TDY will be extended by the term of the TDY. This is an industry recognized program that is customized for Allstate by the American College of Financial Services. It provides the skills needed to build strong teams, drive results and enable field leaders to coach agencies on how to serve customers. Leaders who have completed the FSCP, LUTCF, CLU, ChFC or CFP designation education are exempt.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top