Field Sales Leader
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Be a leader and drive results. As a Field Sales Leader’s (FSL) your objective is to consult with Exclusive Agents (EAs) and Exclusive Financial Specialists (EFSs) to achieve the Company business objectives, which include but are not limited to, profitable growth and increased market share within a specific geographic area. The FSL has responsibility for building and maintaining the EA/EFS relationship with the Company. As the primary point of contact for Company communications and services, FSLs may refer EAs and EFSs to product and process specialists, as requested.
- Utilizes available field sales leader technology to maximize agency diagnostic efforts, analyze results, and improve agency operations, growth, and profitability.
- Conducts consultations with EAs and EFSs, as requested, designed to help them identify issues and opportunities, and recommends possible actions that may be taken to correct problems and improve agency operations and sales production.
- As requested, helps EAs and EFSs to complete business planning to achieve targeted agency results.
- Provides sales tips, marketing, customer service and promotion ideas.
- Helps agencies understand and implement processes that may improve agency operations and enhance the economic interest at the time of agency sale or termination.
- Prospects for qualified agent candidates using a variety of sources, including but not limited to, industry organizations, industry contacts, Internet leads, referrals, cold calls and direct mail to attract high caliber agents and financial specialists for the market.
- 5 years in sales leadership required
- Property & Casualty/Financial Services sales experience strongly preferred
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships within the distribution organization and across other business functions
- Strong business knowledge and the ability to develop effective internal relationships across business functions
- Ability to assess market conditions, trends and indicators
- Understanding of pricing, claims, local market planning, sales trend analysis, marketing data, and financial analysis
- Knowledge of agent contracts, compliance requirements, Allstate policies and procedures
- Life/Health, Property/Casualty, Series 6, Series 63 and Series 26 needed for this role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel for business needs
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top