Field Sales Consultant Associate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Financial Sales Consultant Associate role is to provide financial services product education and sales skills development primarily to Exclusive Financial Specialists (EFS) and also field sales leaders and Exclusive Agencies. Assists other FSCs with on-going securities supervision and development of all EFSs and Series 7 EAs of Allstate Financial Services, LLC assigned within a territory to ensure strict adherence to broker/dealer policies and procedures as well as applied FINRA, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and state securities laws and regulations. This position will be located either in our Jackson, MS, or Memphis, TN, office.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Help identity, develop and implement financial services education Exclusive Financial Specialists/Financial Specialists
- Consult with AF Sales Education team to determine appropriate curriculum design. Help consult with internal & external resources to implement various modules of education
- Deliver structured EFS/FS financial services pre-center education program that supports regulatory requirements, the Allstate product portfolio, general industry knowledge, and sales marketing / presentation skills education.
- Oversee new EFS installations. Oversee evaluation of EFS skill levels and identify development and education opportunities. Ensure a quality development process that includes the coordination of all involved support departments.
- Help analyze correlation between training programs and field sales personnel performance. Apply findings and assist in the development of appropriate educational and training programs to meet specific needs (in partnership with AF Sales Education team).
- Leverages opportunities to apply knowledge learned on the job and to share such knowledge/best practices among peers.
- Involves wholesalers in EFS on-boarding experience, as necessary.
- Partner with AF Sales Education to help identify, develop and implement financial services education strategies for Exclusive Agents, Licensed Sales Producers, and field sales leaders. Identify skills gaps and reinforce education
- Provide product knowledge and sales assistance and support to PFR's and field sales leaders when requested.
- As delegated by the RFSL, performs those duties, as set forth in the AFS, LLC Written Supervisory Procedures, of a Designated Supervisory Principal (DSP) within a region.
- Supports the RFSL with day-to-day securities supervision of EFSs to ensure that they meet SEC, NASD, and all other Allstate Broker/Dealer requirements.
- Supports the RFSL with day-to-day securities supervision of EA Series 7 activity to ensure that they meet SEC, NASD, and all other Allstate Broker/Dealer requirements.
- Completes in-person reviews to discuss and record EFS securities business. Some of the reviews will involve an examination of customer account files and the use of the Supervisory Contact Checklist.
- Implements a process for validating that EFSs have received the appropriate product knowledge, regulatory, and compliance education required to conduct securities business through Allstate Financial Services.
- Confirms compliance concerning the safeguarding of customer information.
- 4-6 years of financial services and/or P&C sales/management experience recommended
- 4 year college degree
- Extensive financial services product knowledge.
- Knowledge of education techniques
- Experience in using Allstate technology preferred (i.e., ALSTAR, Agency IMPACT System, Access Allstate, Eclipse/InsMark etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of industry including competitors and trends (i.e., knows what it takes to be successful in the financial services industry; has a thorough knowledge of the industry's history, customers, and competitive environment).
- Strong communication skills - Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Series 7, 24, 63 (in some states) or equivalent - 51 to be obtained within a specified time.
- Life & Health license
- Industry certifications preferred *(CFP, ChFC, CLU, LUTCF)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top