Field Property Adjuster
Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Field Property Adjuster in Columbia, MD or Glen Burnie, MD!
As an Allstate Field Property Claims Adjuster you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore people’s lives after they’ve had a loss. Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling complex property damage and liability insurance claims. This individual travels to the loss site to conduct a thorough analysis. This individual reviews the insurance policy, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage and authorizes payments. This individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy to ensure customer retention. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provides mentoring and coaching to the team. The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual’s own responsibilities, and managing the individual’s own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; participates in determining necessary personal and business unit action plans
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Handles first notice of loss of water damage claims
- Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies complex coverage/policy information
- Provides coverage explanation to customer
- May assist in reviewing files and making recommendations to refer files to Home Office for escalation
- Completes and reviews contents inventory, contents pricing, and mitigation bills
- Notifies insured of exposure over the policy limit
- Prepares damage estimate for moderately complex claims
- Handles ALE (additional living expense) claims
- Handles claims involving sink holes, extra-contractual liability, or claims that include Public Adjuster involvement
- Inspects and estimates water damage, hail damage, or smoke and fire damage in a dwelling
- Adheres to applicable compliance standards
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- May participate in one or more complex special assignments CLK789
- Four-year college degree is preferred with strong customer service or HS Diploma/GED with a minimum of 3 years property estimating or construction experience
- Prior use of Xactimate is a plus
- Must be able to lift at least 25lbs.
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Applies broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating
- Applies broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top