Field Product Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Field Product Manager (FPM) is responsible to design, develop, manage and lead strategies to achieve specific growth and profit business goals for the P&C lines for a specific regional marketplace. These strategies incorporate product, pricing, and underwriting. As a member of the senior leadership team, the FPM will need to integrate across functions and with Allstate’s Home Office to solicit input and collaboration from key stakeholders.
The major components of the FPM role include:
- Profitable Growth
- Leverages team to analyze data and make recommendations on rates and underwriting guidelines
- Leads concept creation and design of new programs, plans, process and/or products to solve market specific issues
- Product implementation
- Ensures execution of planned changes, products or projects within the assigned marketplace; including appropriate communication, cross functional integration, and project control across impacted departments
- Ensures cross functional engagement of resources and expertise for successful implementation
- Communicates and presents project information/updates to senior level management
- Ensures appropriate processes are in place for all aspects of product management
- Development of People
- Creates and executes highly focused development plans to enhance skillsets of employees and future leaders
- Competitive intelligence
- Leverages team to analyze the competitive landscape to inform product decisions, rate, and underwriting guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of product, price, underwriting, insurance regulation, and current industry standards for property and casualty lines
- Experience with project implementations which are highly complex and/or large scale initiatives
- Strong collaboration, relationship building, coaching and mentoring skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top