Field Operations Manager (FLL)
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Avail is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want.
Avail is a group within Allstate Service Businesses. It is a peer to peer car sharing service that connects owners of underutilized vehicles with individuals looking to borrow cars on a temporary basis. The Avail Field Operations Job Family focuses on supporting the operations of the business. Roles within this job family include business development, management of Avail site locations, marketing and analytics.
The mission of the Avail team is to reduce the cost of car ownership for Americans by matching owners of underused vehicles with individuals who would like to loan them convenient, affordable vehicles. The Field Operations Associate Manager will be the face to the customer and will oversee operational processes and provide vision and direction to meet strategic goals and exceed customer and provider expectations.
- Develop and manage a team of onsite specialists, guiding and supporting their efforts to design, implement, execute, and improve service request and fulfillment processes
- Inform development and evolution of process capabilities and enabling technologies
- Inform objectives for operational processes including customer support, dispatch, case management, issue resolution, and provider support
- Develop and manage solutions to achieve process objectives and performance targets (timeliness, quality, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Participate in the operations management team, regularly sharing observations and ideas and contributing to the evolution of business strategy and practices
- Promote a culture of high performance, collaboration, learning, and skillful innovation and evolution
- Support team planning, budget, and expenses
- Ensure team members receive timely and appropriate training and development
- Establish and monitor team and individual performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments
- Structure - As a member of the Avail Operations leadership team this position reports directly to the Avail Field Operations Manager, who reports to the Avail Product Leader. An Associate Operations Manager will typically have 3 to 5 direct reports and is accountable for the results of his/her individual performance and the performance of his/her team.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience base
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience managing a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead new operational processes
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to represent Avail in a variety of internal and external forums
- Process-oriented and able to lead process improvement projects
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within company-required standards
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top