Field Auto Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Experienced Field Auto Adjuster in Houston, TX!
About the Team
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples' lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
About the Position
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for providing a superior level of customer service and attention to customers who have a vehicle that needs repaired. The individual inspects damage to a vehicle (which may include automobiles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and recreational vehicles), writes damage repair estimates, negotiates complex settlements with repair facilities, and estimates repair times for rental/loss of use. This individual is also responsible for explaining coverage, estimates, claims, settlement, and rental processes to agents and/or customers. This role may be performed at a drive-in location or in the Field. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees.
Specific responsibilities include
• Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
• Reviews customer satisfaction results; participates in determining necessary personal and business unit action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
• Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
• Investigates complex files, reviews damage, takes photos, and determines reparability or total loss
• Prepares damage estimates for complex claims and locates parts
• Prepares, reviews, reconciles and/or approves supplements
• Conditions vehicles and prepares report for customer
• Determines valuation of salvage
• Evaluates diminished value in a complex claim
Claim Payment Processes - Issuance and Authority
• Processes claims payments
• Initiates system generated checks and pays appropriate parties
Other Projects and Responsibilities
• Responds to complex arbitrations contentions
• May participate in one or more complex special assignments
• May serve as a committee team lead for medium-sized projects or as a committee team member on large projects
Please note that, there is a required 2-week training that will take place in Wheeling, IL
Please note that, since this is a field service position, you will need to have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle. This is a demanding field position that will require you to travel within the territory as much as 75% of your working time. As a result, you must be willing to work some weekend and extended hours if necessary.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience or Auto body Technician program or High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED)
- 5 - 10 years of prior claims handling experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience using auto estimating software, CCC Pathways, Audatex, Mitchell, etc strongly preferred
- Experience investigating evaluating, negotiating and setting complex claims strongly preferred
- ICAR platinum certification, ASE certification and/or an Adjuster's license are especially desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military experience is a plus
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top