Experienced Liability Claim Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Experienced Inside Liability Adjuster in Henderson, NV!
About the Team
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples' lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
About the Position
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for executing investigations into single- and multi-car auto accidents of a moderately complex and occasionally complex nature to determine property and casualty liability. The individual is responsible for maintaining a good working relationship with policy holders while establishing credibility for the company through the quality of work and thoroughness of the investigations. The individual is responsible for setting customer expectations, communicating timelines for investigation, explaining applicable laws, and determining and explaining coverages. The individual manages loss of income claims and may manage litigated/represented and CPL claims. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, makes payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles or refers bodily injury issues where settlement is not possible.
Specific responsibilities include
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderate and occasionally complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; works independently to create personal action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Determines applicable coverage limits in moderate and occasionally complex claims involving single or multiple claimants
- Takes recorded statements from claimants, insureds, witnesses, medical providers, etc. and prepares summaries
- Conducts investigations into moderate and occasionally complex auto accidents to determine liability
- Reviews investigation notes and determines moderate and occasionally complex claim value, coverage and liability
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex or occasionally complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for medium projects or as a committee team member on medium to large projects
- May serve as a subrogation or arbitration panelist
- May participate in oversight activities as a liability consultant
- Participates in ensuring regulatory and legal compliance of operational programs and practices
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of prior claims handling experience strongly preferred
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderate and occasionally complex claims
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top