Experienced Inside Property Adjuster ($2500 Sign-on bonus)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Experienced Inside Property Adjuster in Irving, TX!
$2500 Sign on bonus will be offered for this role
About the Team
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples' lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
About the Position
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling one or more types of moderately complex and occasionally complex specialized property insurance claims such as environmental, errors and omissions, litigation and foreclosures. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees. The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. Specialty areas include litigation, condo, public adjuster and mortgagee.
Specific responsibilities include
• Researches and responds to moderately complex and occasionally complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
• Reviews customer satisfaction results; works independently to create personal action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
• Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
• May handle first notice of loss of water damage claims
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
• Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies moderately complex and occasionally complex coverage/policy information
• May complete errors and omissions coverage investigation
• Assists in reviewing files and making recommendations to refer files to Home Office for escalation
• Reviews/approves moderately complex and occasionally complex repair estimate
• Prepares damage estimate
• Organizes and reconciles bills
• Selects estimate for review/reinspection
• Conducts fast track estimating
• Handles additional living expense claims as needed
• Handles contents inventories and contents pricing analysis and prepares claims reports
• Handles claims that include Public Adjuster involvement
• Refers, receives and reviews legal opinion on exposure on files
• Manages moderately complex and occasionally complex claim files in litigation, including managing cases in mediation or arbitration (non-subrogation), negotiating out-of-court settlements on files in litigation, and reviewing defense attorney letters, litigation plans and strategy
• Manages claim file legal expense
• Assists in researching or responding to or resolving moderately complex and occasionally complex compliance issues
Other Projects and Responsibilities
• May serve as a committee team lead for medium projects or as a committee team member on medium to large projects
• Conducts subrogation investigations
• May serve as a team lead
Ideal Qualifications :
• Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
• 3 - 5 years of prior claims handling experience strongly preferred
• Knowledge of Xactimate strongly preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others.
• Strong organizational and computer skills.
• Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems.
• Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
Notice of Licensing Requirement
As a condition of your employment, you may be expected to comply with the state specific licensing process and requirements to perform work as a Liability Adjuster. Failure to complete these requirements within the time frame designated by the hiring department may result in the termination of your employment with Allstate Insurance Company.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Back to top