Experienced Field Property Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Experienced Field Property Adjuster in San Francisco, CA!
This job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling moderately complex and occasionally complex property damage and liability insurance claims. This individual travels to the loss site to conduct a thorough analysis. This individual reviews the insurance policy, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage and authorizes payments. This individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy to ensure customer retention. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees. The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex and occasionally complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; works independently to create personal action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Handles first notice of loss of water damage claims
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies moderately complex and occasionally complex coverage/policy information
- Provides coverage explanation to customer
- May assist in reviewing files and making recommendations to refer files to Home Office for escalation
- Completes and reviews contents inventory, contents pricing, and mitigation bills
- Notifies insured of exposure over the policy limit
- Prepares damage estimate for moderately complex claims
- Handles ALE (additional living expense) claims
- Handles claims involving sink holes, or claims that include Public Adjuster involvement
- Inspects and estimates water damage, hail damage, or smoke and fire damage in a dwelling
- Adheres to applicable compliance standards
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex or occasionally complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for medium-sized projects or as a committee team member on medium to large projects
- Conducts subrogation investigations
- May serve as a team lead
- May assist in researching or responding to or resolving complex compliance issues
- Actively participates in daily/weekly huddles
Please note, there is a required 2-week training that will take place in Wheeling, IL.
Allstate Adjusters are required to maintain a valid state specific license to perform work duties. You may review state licensure requirements at www.NIPR.com .
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general and occasionally broad industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Applies general and occasionally broad ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies general and occasionally broad negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies general and occasionally broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies general and occasionally broad problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex and occasionally complex claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top