Experienced Commercial Represented Casualty Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Experienced Represented Casualty Adjuster in our Commercial division, in Irving, TX!
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for investigating complex commercial auto or property (casualty) claims when an attorney is representing the injured party which typically will include: (1) uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims in single or multi car accidents in which commercial policy holders are involved; (2) Injury Casualty Soft Tissue (ICST), and represented- moderate or major claims; (3) extra-contractual liability claims; (4) or specialized claims (e.g., business interruption, loss of income, E&O policies, etc.). The individual also handles claims involved in arbitration or mediation, coordinating with legal counsel and participating in depositions, hearings, mediations, or arbitrations. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, issues payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles or refers bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved. The individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention while analyzing coverage, investigating and determining liability, reviewing and determining damages, and negotiating and settling complex claims. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provides mentoring and coaching to the team. The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages, researches, and resolves complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Determines and explains minimum coverage limits in moderately complex and occasionally complex commercial policy claims involving single or multiple claimants
- Sets initial reserve, updates reserve, documents rationale and claim summary notes
- Obtains photos and/or conducts scene investigation
- Takes recorded statements from claimants, insured's, witnesses, medical providers, etc., conducts investigations into complex auto and property accidents involving commercial policy holders, determines liability, and prepares summaries
- Evaluates and determines potential use of experts; reviews reports and participates in selecting the expert
- Determines claim value
- Reviews file to identify complex potential legal issues
- Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for medium-sized projects or as a committee team member on large projects
- May serve as a subrogation or arbitration panelist
- May serve as an agent advocate
- Participates in targeted reviews
- May participate in oversight activities
- Researches, responds to, or participates in Department of Insurance complaints or investigations
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- At least 5 years of handling attorney Represented is required
- Internal candidates with at least 5-7 years of handling unrepresented claims may be considered
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Postion located in Irving, TX and travel may be required
- Commercial auto is a multi state handling environment involving negligence laws and regulatory compliance
- Applicant will be required to obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Commercial experience and third party casualty experience preferred
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Ability to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle complex claims
- Provides broad individual decision making within authority limits
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top